• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Navy Mk12 RECCE with AEM3 anyone have one?

FatBoy

After 20 years, going anonymous..
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2001
TN
Had anyone built a Navy mk12 RECCE with the shorter AEM3? I’m about to build another rifle, and I have the KAC rail, and I think a Badger gas manifold on the way (haven’t gotten shipping confirmation) but I already have a Mod0, and still currently have a ModH that’s going to my Son in Law, so I’m debating on another 18” in mod1 form, or doing something different and trying a 15.1 with the shorter AEM3 and a custom profile medium weight barrel under the handguard to try and keep the rifle handy.

Appreciate the feedback and pics if you have them.

Chris

So I have been doing some research and realized there is no point in doing a 15.1” w/ the KAC FF RAS and an AEM3. The mount length for the AEM3 is 2.05” , which is fine but if I want it to mount up close to get the RECCE profile this makes the barrel 14.5” and I really don’t need 3 x 14.5s.

Would be a neat project with a barrel shaved down to .77”, running out the length of a Wilson Combat length intermediate gas tube but doing to quick measurement I’m not sure the collar would fit without touching the manifold, so I’d have to go with something like an Allegheny Arms block with the taper built in or shave the collar.

Would make sure a neat piece, with the outward appearance of the NSW RECCE but modern race gun gas and a bit lighter and easier to swing for comps.

Still kicking this around…. I think this is still doable, but it’s going to take some work to figure out.

Yeah, i think it would be handier and quiet enough with the AEM3 but it would require the barrel to be like 14.6”, and I have 2 x 14.5s now. Really 15.1 doesn’t make sense, but the shit just looks cool :)

Intermediate gas tube is a no-go. I picked up a White Oak tube and it’d have the gas block out from under the handguard a bit, so the collar would be well forward. Going to run a mid length tube.