• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes nc star tactical 3 1.25 4X32 P4 sniper reticle?

johnmac

Private
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2007
NC
Anyone have any experience with these? Probably crap I'm thinking but at this price($106) even if it lasted a few years maybe OK?

Would use on an M4

Re: nc star tactical 3 1.25 4X32 P4 sniper reticle?

maybe if you not shooting far. and do not use any Quality optics otherwise you will become a lot more disappointed in NC Star optics. a lot of people will say, you get what you pay for....with quite a few of the low end scopes, you can pay for more then what you get.

for a little more, have you looked at the Millet DMS 1?

popcorn at the ready!

seriously, don't give NcStar your money. They are responsible for some of the most blatant trademark infringement in history, and have been sued numerous times over it, including by trijicon over fake acogs.

quality is absolute shit, you'd be better off with a kid's telescope and a role of duct tape.

spend the money on something decent... the millet, a burris, etc.

My friend has an NC Star that he put on his Mosin Nagant. If you add the cost of the scope with the cost of the rifle and stock, he spent almost as much on his harris bipod. The illuminated reticle rheostat shit the bed first. Then there was a shadow that moved when turning the mag ring. Turned out to be gasket of some sort that came off. The wires to the reticle dangled in front of the eyepiece. 1/8 moa adjustments suck, it doesnt track, when we first attempted to zero the rifle the windage wouldnt click, turns out the set screw for the turret wasnt tightened down. The angle cut objective keeps any kind of flip cap from being used, and this was all when it was out of the box.
Second NC star experience...Guy shooting a .50bmg AR conversion had not only their scope, but their rings as well. On top of the typical issues with the scope, 1/8 moa adj, not tracking, shitty clarity, the stud on the rear ring pulled out during the shooting.

You do the math.

NC Star sounds like they suck big time. I think I'll just save up for something nice and durable.

I got a Millet on my Spikes upper. Works great for me. Only problem with the Millet is at 1X i think it is actually less then 1 power. What you look at looks father a way then with out the scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Drumie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got a Millet on my Spikes upper. Works great for me. Only problem with the Millet is at 1X i think it is actually less then 1 power. <span style="color: #FF0000">What you look at looks father a way then with out the scope</span>.
</div></div>
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I bought a NcStar on an SKS when SKSs first hit the shores. For $69.00 I got the SKS, a dust cover that had rings on it and the NcStar in the rings. Rounding out this sniper's dream was one of the cheapo Chinese bipods that scissored closed over the barrel as a way of attaching. To say I was under-whelmed would be an understatement. The NcStar was 4X, and from 100 yards I could barely see the target even though I could see the reticle. This was my introduction to the Sniper world. Luckily, some members of the department we worked closely with were Palma shooters and we did have a Sniper team - Remington 700 PSS and a Leupold scope. It shot well enough at 200. I know it was never accurized or bedded.

Sorry guys. What I should have said is that the scope set at 1x makes things look farther away then without the scope. If you set it at about 1.5X then it looks the same as without the scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnmac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NC Star sounds like they suck big time. I think I'll just save up for something nice and durable. </div></div>

Check out an ACOG,they are pricey,but worth it.I have had mine for over 5 years and love it.Buy once,cry once.