• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Need Confirmation on Rise Armament RA-434 Trigger Assembly

1911hombre

Old School
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 13, 2019
    East Central Minnesota
    Picked up a used AR with a Rise Armament RA-434 trigger installed. If anyone has one or is familiar with these- with the trigger installed in the lower, with the hammer in the fired position, if you look down just aft of the hammer fulcrum do you see the hex end of a set screw, or the rounded end of said screw with the hex end not visible? Not talking about the two tiny hex set screws for tensioning.

This screw ???

1000032936.jpg

Note: The center set screw should not be tampered with. Any attempts to modify the trigger will void the warranty

Attachments

• wrong2-1080x465.jpg
      wrong2-1080x465.jpg
      49.6 KB · Views: 18
    This screw ???

View attachment 8432305

Note: The center set screw should not be tampered with. Any attempts to modify the trigger will void the warranty
    Yes, that's the one. I perused RA's website before posting this, but my screw doesn't look like this. I ended up pulling the trigger out and disassembling it in order to get a better look at it. My screw has a perfectly round dot of what looks like clear epoxy in it to prevent tampering. I understand they don't want you messing with it. My problem with the trigger is I am wondering if it's safe or not. It has a very light single stage pull with an ultra-short reset.

This is what that screw looks like on mine:
    IMG_3460.jpg

This is what the FCG looks like when cocked:
    IMG_3455.jpg

This is what the FCG looks like after recocking but before reset:
    IMG_3458.jpg

It's got a "drop-safe" cut on the bottom of the hammer fulcrum that prevents the hammer from continuing to fall if there's no pressure on the trigger shoe midway through the firing sequence which does work, but for some reason this thing just feels sketchy. Probably just me; not much experience with drop-in triggers.

Yes, that's the one. I perused RA's website before posting this, but my screw doesn't look like this. I ended up pulling the trigger out and disassembling it in order to get a better look at it. My screw has a perfectly round dot of what looks like clear epoxy in it to prevent tampering. I understand they don't want you messing with it. My problem with the trigger is I am wondering if it's safe or not. It has a very light single stage pull with an ultra-short reset.

This is what that screw looks like on mine:
    View attachment 8432577

This is what the FCG looks like when cocked:
    View attachment 8432578

This is what the FCG looks like after recocking but before reset:
    View attachment 8432579

It's got a "drop-safe" cut on the bottom of the hammer fulcrum that prevents the hammer from continuing to fall if there's no pressure on the trigger shoe midway through the firing sequence which does work, but for some reason this thing just feels sketchy. Probably just me; not much experience with drop-in triggers.

You're seeing the hex end of that screw, it's just filled with epoxy.

I have 4 or 5 of these triggers and like them a lot. I did adjust one of them (removed that screw with vise grips and replaced with another set screw of the same size), the others didn't need it. Yes, it's a light and crisp trigger with very short reset, as advertised. They do what they claim to do. Think of it the same way as a well set up 1911 trigger - should be relatively light and very crisp with minimal overtravel and reset.

Is yours abnormally light, or are you just not used to a good single stage AR trigger? If you're used to a mil spec trigger or even something like a CMC single stage (which has quite a bit of travel before break, but a different feel), these are not intended to feel that way.

Reactions: 1911hombre