• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Need hard case for AR10

tmpohuski7

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2008
MD
Looking for a hard case for AR10. Any comments on what has worked or not worked for you? Open to full case or breakdown, also have a can a couple of mags and a pistol to put in the case. Pics would be great and model numbers. Thanks.

Re: Need hard case for AR10

43120614.png

I know who makes them I want some input on whitch ones are better and whether to store it complete or pull the pins and say on space. I AM NOT NEW HERE.

What is the OAL of your setup? That will determine which case (if you want to keep the rifle complete) will work best for your situation.

Otherwise, if you want to take it down, the smallest rifle-size cases (Pelican 1700 or Storm 3100) will work.

I have already exhausted the search engine in the forum. If thier was a thread in pics or equip. they it has been ach or deleted.

Pelican, hands down. My M82 was in a Pelican in Iraq, one of the joes jumped in the Hummer to run a errand, swung around the Bradley too tight and ran over the case w/ weapon inside, Didnt hurt the case at all from a functionality stand point, cosmetically yes. But everything was fine, weapon was unscaved and held zero. I dont buy anything other than pelican for personal stuff. And they are absolutely bullet proff for those demolitions crews we call airline luggage handlers.

$.02
-PHSGT

i have my AR-10 in a Storm case the same size of the Pelican 1750 case my M82 came in,.. i cant remember the model number off hand but i'll post up a picture when i get home from work.

my Armalite has the plain A2 fixed stock and 24in barrel with a Surefire brake installed on the end. as long as you don't have a longer barrel or stock you will have plenty of room for a standard 20 or 16 inch AR-10.

IM 3300 was the model number.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boomfab</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Storm's are the best. Better latches and carrying handles. Way better than Pelican. </div></div>

i like the Pelican cases better,. the latches on the Storm kinda piss me off,. and theres no metal insert on the locking points like with the Pelican,..although the Storm cases do have four points for a pad lock instead of two. there both great cases and i don't have a problem recomending either of them,. just i perfer the Pelican. kinda like the old Chevy vs. Ford

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boomfab</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Storm's are the best. Better latches and carrying handles. Way better than Pelican. </div></div>

Totally personal opinion.

I have been around the world and back a couple times with Pelican cases. I have a 1750 with more than a couple "blemishes" here.

Nothing wrong with Storm cases either. I just don't have any laying around. Those I have played with did their job well.

Saying one is better than the other is akin to saying chocolate is better than strawberry.

Got a starlight years ago and its done ok by me. Basic range trips and had it half way around the world but held up fine, rifle lost NO zero on trip and was protected well. I also have a Pelican as well but havent used it at all yet.
Oh and Vanilla or Black Raspberry is better than chocolate and strawberry...its a fact.

Pelican makes so much and then sells it to other companies to be rebranded that it's hard to know what's what.

Are you travelling with it? Just for storage? Do you want to lock it?

You could get away with a cheap one, but I would buy a Pelican or Storm and toss in a softbag with your AR-10 in it. That way when you want to head to the range, you don't have to lug the hardcase around. If you decide to leave it in the hard case, use a hot wire to cut the foam. It will be easier and look better than using a razor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hank440</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe Pelican and Storm are part of the same company. </div></div>

http://pelican.com/media/news/company/pr_01_13_09.php

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 13, 2009 – The world’s leading manufacturer of plastic injection molded protective cases, Pelican Products, Inc., today announced the acquisition of long-time competitor, Hardigg Industries, the world’s largest manufacturer of roto molded protective cases, based in South Deerfield, Mass. The transaction, valued at approximately $200 million, is believed to be the largest acquisition in the history of the protective case industry. Pelican Products was supported in the acquisition by the New York and San Francisco based private equity group Behrman Capital.

I have one that looks very similar to the one pictured in doorkicker's photo. Mine is a Storm case (I believe model iM3100) and is able to handle two full sized rifles without breaking them down. It also includes the ability to put locks on the case, if required. It has wheels for transport. The downside is the size of the case. You need a lot of room in your vehicle to transport.