Need Help. Range fees in your local area?

NorCal Vu

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2004
Sacramento Area
Guys,

I have some research to do and need the following information.

Range:
State:
Fees:
Members?
Non-Members?

What kind of access does your daily range fee give you?

Example: 100yard Rifle Range/50yard pistol range.

Do you have a membership? If yes, how much is membership per year?

Is it possible to rent an entire bay or range for training? If so, how much? What type of range or bay is it?

Thank you in advance for all the help.

Vu

Re: Need Help. Range fees in your local area?

Capitol Area Rifle and Pistol Club in Augusta Maine.

A year is $50, unlimited use of all ranges between the hours of 9am and sundown, 7 days a week all year long. Unless there is a match occupying the range, which is rare.

There are no range employees and I have a combination to the gate, the clubhouse, and the indoor handgun range. Quite often I am the only one there.

http://www.scssa.org/

Vu,

This site will give you info on Steel City range in Hoover, Alabama. They hold matches every weekend. They also have yearly membership and lifetime. If you look thru all the different links you should see match fees. The yearly fee is 250 or at least two years back. This ragne has been around for 40+ years.

I think they would be a good range to build a profile off of. There main foucs is safty at all times and have never had a gun related accident in 40+ years now that a great record.

Ken

If I can answer any ?'s about the range let me know.

Range: Bradford county shooting farm
State: FL
Fees: 15$, + 10$ for 800 yd range(stupid)
Members? free after membership 200
Non-Members? 15$, or ten with a member.

50yd pistol
300 rifle
800 rifle
archery
multiple skeet courses

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you Bob. That is the type of info I am looking for. What kind of rifle range do you guys have? Or is it only a pistol range? </div></div>

Vu,

Our facilities include steel plates, poppers and moving targets on the combat pistol range, a multi-lane pistol booth out to 25 yds, rifle ranges w/benches or prone from 50 yds out to 275 yds.

Bob

$240/year after initiation fee the first year.
Ranges:
7-15 pistol
25-50 yard pistol/rifle
100 yard rifle
200-600 yard rifle
trap
skeet
sporting clays
cowboy action "town"
action pistol
3D archery
Probably a couple I'm forgetting

The club is about 20 miles from memphis and has in the 3000 member range, non-members are allowed to shoot there at the matches but there isn't a "day use" fee for non members who want to shoot but not join. A non member can come as a guest with a member for free but only twice, after that you need a membership.
It is a big club, but if you don't go on the weekend or right before hunting season it's not a problem. I usually have the pistol range to myself when I go during the week.

Vu,

Range:Racine County Line Rifle Club
State: Wisconsin
Fees: $75 per year

Non-Members? Match fees per event (usually $20)

A key. 24/7 Access unless a range has a scheduled event.

2 Skeet Fields, 2 Trap, covered 100 yd range with 8 benches and lights, 25 yd range 100 ft wide, open. 500 yd rifle range with pits, 600 yd range (200, 300, 600 firing lines) 20 targets, with pits.

and people still bitch when a round of skeet goes up $0.25

(NCRRPC group buy is making progress
smile.gif

Brian Birutas
Bartlein Barrels

Thank you guys, keep the info coming. I am doing some research for the range I am on the board for.

Brian,

Good to hear. I think a lot of guys are ready to spin new barrels on for the 2011 season.

Vu

Our range:

Sac Valley Shooting Center

150.00 per year to be a member, 100.00 if you donate 10 hours of volunteer time a year.

75.00 for Seniors, 50.00 if they donate 5 hours per year.

Non-Members can only shoot on the public range unless they are with a member.

Public range fees for non members 10.00 per day, 3.00 per day if you are a member.
Access to 50yard Pistol
100 yard Rifle with Benches
300yard Rifle with benches

Members pay 5.00 per visit and have access to 550yard steel range
8 Action pistol bays out to 50 yards
2 50 meter bays for pistol or rifle
2 100 yard bays
1 200 yard bay

A member may reserve a range/bay for the day as long as they gone through the orientation and there is no matches or events going on.

We also have a 1000yard range with pits and 25 lanes. Members must shoot with one of the various disciplines to access this range.

There is a pond for catch and release fishing.

Range is open 7 days a week for members, 5 days a week for the public.

We also have a trap and skeet field. I believe there are a few of them.

Range: 25, 50, 100, & 200 same location.
State: Alabama
Fees: Either a Fishing, Heritage ($10.00 per year) or Hunting license required only, 65 Y/O + no fee at all
Members? No
Non-Members? N/A

Everyday, 1/2hr before sunrise an 1/2 after sunset.

Is it possible to rent an entire bay or range for training? Yes, plus, night shooting via state permit

If so, how much? Unknown

What type of range or bay is it? All 4 ranges are covered, tables at each firing point, with handicap parking an shooting access each range.

The goal is to provide a public range in each county of Alabama, funded via sporting goods sales tax, and License fees. Grounds clean up, is policed via local jail trusties. Wildlife officers make spot checks 24/7 and many a fine has been issued to those that seem to have a posted rules, reading/following problem. Ie shooting over backstops = $356.00, shooting glass or metal = 356 +
Shooting upright posts or covers, $2,500.00 + jail + loss of range Privileges

Gang Bangers, are treated as movers, until local LE arrives.

Santa Clara Field Sports Park (Metcalf Gun Range)
9580 Malech Rd
San Jose, CA 95138
(408) 463-0652

Summer - April 1 to September 30:

Monday - Tuesday - closed
Wednesday - 10am - 4pm
Thursdays - 12pm to 8pm
Fridays - 12pm to 4pm
Saturdays & Sundays - 8am to 4pm

Winter -October 1 to April 1:

Monday - Tuesday - Closed
Wednesday - 10am - 4pm
Thursday - 12 noon - 6pm
Friday - 12 noon - 4pm
Saturday & Sunday - 8am - 4pm

* 24 covered pistol or rimfire positions at 7, 15, 25, and 50 yards
* 27 rifle positions at 50 and 100 yards that are partly covered
* Permits for the Rifle and Pistol range are available. For information call the range.

200 Yard Range:
o 15 non-covered positions
o Public Use Hours:
Open the fourth Sunday of every month 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m (weather permitting)
o The 200 Yard range is also available for permit use by special arrangement. For information call the range.

Rifle and Pistol Range Use Fees

$12.00 per shooter with NO time limit (all ranges)
$7.00 for juniors (less than 13 yrs. of age) and seniors/disabled with NO time limit (all ranges)

200 Yard Range:
$12.00 per shooter with a two (2) hour time limit
- includes access to the Rifle and Pistol Range

* Fees subject to change

Additional notes from me:
-There are always RSO's on duty so you don't have to worry about someone jacking your stuff or fondling their guns during a ceasefire.
-They allow anything there that is legal for you to own (50 bmg if its registered to you).
-RSO's are friendly and not jerks

B and R in Havelock NC
$7 something an hour and caps out at 2 hours. Year membership was 100 something.
200 yard steel (4-5 plates and one was a hanging gong)
Pistol out to 200 as well but places for 7, 15 and 25 yard targets.
Skeet or trap range what ever you want to call it with 2 throwers (manual)

The range guy was really nice guy once you got to know him but some of the people that go there are what I call Range Retards. They would shoot a 50 target as fast as they could with their brand new ARs (this was when the AR craze was at it highest),SKS's, AK's, pistols etc and shoot 300-400 rnds. They didn't even police their brass. I would take off work just to go to not have them there. Each to their own. I just didn't like feeling like I could get shot by someone being stupid and the hot brass started to get on my nerves.

Sierra Vista Shooting range Sierra Vista AZ
$2 Mil rate I think $5 for civ's for the day
Steel out to 600-700 (haven't lazed and don't have a solid reply form the range master)
Targets placement at what ever range you want with the target stands they have there.

The do hold pistol tourneys and some rifle stuff as well. I haven't been as active at this range as the last one.

This range is more mature so to say. People shoot without being intrusive to others. I never have seen anyone walk away without policing their brass and most will help you police it if you have shot a lot.

http://www.sierravistarange.org/ShootingSites.html

Jackson County Sports Park:

Daily Use $3.00 per shooter, range pass $50.00 yr single person, free with membership to Oregon Hunters Association.

- SG Clays (you throw)
- Rifle - 100 & 200 yrd (multiple ranges)
- Pistol Bays
- Rimfire only - 100 yrd
- Most ranges are covered
- Volunteer ROs

Medford Rifle and Pistol Club

Indoor range - one room with 12 lanes but no partitions - just an open room (awesome for drills and low light / no light). 24/7 access. No RO. Lots of shooting programs: Bullseye, Jr.s, Small Bore, High Power, (separate 600 yrd range at the county). $50.00 / yr

If you are a member of MRPC, and a member of the county range, and a member of IPSC or IDPA you also have access to the training range at the county - which is like heaven. You have access to multiple bays from 30 to 100 yrds, a wide array of both static and dynamic steel and paper targets, props, barriers, a vehicle (or drive your own rig out on the range and work from your own front seat)-> the ability to set up what ever you want. No RO in this area - however unlike the suicide range (public section of the county) - anyone back here is either LE or a comp shooter. Sanctuary.

Both of these ranges are 15 minutes away. Between the OD training range and the single room ID range (which you can usually figure out a time to have all by yourself) I have been afforded many opportunities to set up and run things that (from my understanding of other places in the nation) are a true anomaly.

My LR shooting is mainly done in the woods.

Good luck

Birchwood Loop Izak Walton rifle range.

Not sure on the daily use fee, I think it's $15. Yearly $140
Range open 7 days per week
Monday, Tuesday yearly members only, key card access.

Pistol
1-15yd
2-25yd
2-50 yd
1-50/100 yd

Rifle
2-100 yd
1-200yd
1-300yd

Shotgun, Skeet, Trap operate under different fees, I don't shotgun, so I'm unaware of the cost.

Clear Creek Gun Range

Link http://www.clearcreekgunrange.com/

They have been around for an eternity, great family owned/operated place. $9 per gun they have 10 and 25yd pistol, and 100,200yd. They also have a shotgun range for $10 per person

And the newest addition to our area, and we're really excited is a brand new indoor range 15 lanes, full gunsmithing services, and practically any late model weapon you can imagine

http://www.thearmsroomtx.com/index.htm

The Arms Room