• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Need help with Bushnell ERS zero stop

Lead Heads

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 18, 2011
Fort Worth, TX
I have a Bushnell ERS mounted in a Larue 20 MOA mount sitting on top of a Mega Maten 308 with no MOA rail. I can not get enough negative travel (down) to zero at 100 yards. Currently it is off by about 4 mils. Problem may be zero stops? Could I be out of negative elevation? Does anyone know how to reset the zero stops? Written instructions are fine but video is better. I can't find anything.
Please help,
Thanks

Kiba's advise is right on the money. You have to reset the zero stop as the factory setting will have you running out of down elevation before you get to 100 yards. You then can re-establish your zero stop once you are dialed in. The manual absolutely sucks at explaining this.

Thank's again, Kiba!!

Are all XRS/ERS scopes coming from Bushnell set this way? Anybody know why? My factory new XRS just had the same problem. Included manual instructions worked for resetting the zero stop, but the manual and website did not say how much total travel it should have available. I had to use somebody's scope review to determine the zero stop was set too high, since I only had about 16 mils total from top to bottom out of the box. Still have to get out to the range, but resetting the zero stop definitely gave enough adjustment.

Last edited:
I found this to be very frustrating the first time, as well. My biggest beef with their instructions, is that they have the setting/resetting instructions listed in the manual in the reverse order (at least by the way I think. You would need to set it before needing to reset it, right?). Once I figured out which was which, it was easier. It took me at least a few attempts before I figured this out and then it was much easier after that.

John

Yep, I set the zero stop on my ERS without first resetting it, and wound up having to go back through that step in order to get it right. But then I'd probably caused the problem by turning the inner housing past the 1st click while trying to set the initial zero stop. Can't fault Bushnell for my own screw-up. The manual may be a little confusing, but after watching diesel geek's vid, and re-reading the manual, it worked out fine.