• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Need help with H&S Stock

paulsnapp

Private
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2008
I bought a new H&S Synthetic stock with adjustable butt plate. It came with two swivel studs on the foregrip and a third near the buttplate. They are all very loose and if tightened up tight against the stock they are about 45 degrees beyond perpendicular to the stock centerline. They all appear to have a metal insert to screw the stud into but it is up in the stock a bit and not flush with the outside of the stock. I applied blue Loctite to them, aligned them perpendicular to the stock and let them set 24 hours. I could then remove all three of them with my fingers and they were not even tight. What am I missing. Will Loctite now work or is there another type glue needed? Thanks for the help.

Re: Need help with H&S Stock

Paul...I have three HS stocks. All came with studs that were hand tight. I have to say though none were offcenter or crooked. Any way I tried the Loctite also with negative results. ROB 01 on the hide suggested I use "EPOXY". On my PSS stock I used "JB WELD", and problem solved. They are never coming out. I recommend trying the epoxy route. Good luck.
P.S. Maybe call HS before trying the epoxy about the orooked studs, and see what they say.

Thanks for the help. You mention epoxy and JB Weld which is also an epoxy which you used. Are you saying you recommend the JB Weld epoxy or you would just use something else like a regular 5 min epoxy?

I went with the JB Weld, and I am happy with it. There might be other stuff out there, but that is what my hardware store had at the time. I glommed up the stud threads real good, and screwed them in till they were all the way in and centered. JB Weld is a two part EPOXY that sets in a couple minutes....(real fast)....so be careful and work quickly.