Need to sight in rifle in Colorado - out to 1000? Where?

hunterpeaks

Private
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2019
Hi, I have drawn a elk tag for this year and want to get my dope for elevation at 8500+ for out to a 1000' preferably, but 600 is fine.
Where can I go? I am visiting Colorado (denver, boulder,Aspen, Vail areas) from July 22-25th. Any suggestions? Also looking for a spotter as well. Out here by myself on business and brought the rifle to see if I can get this dialed before October.
Thanks for any help.
Hunter

Hi, I have drawn a elk tag for this year and want to get my dope for elevation at 8500+ for out to a 1000' preferably, but 600 is fine.
Where can I go? I am visiting Colorado (denver, boulder,Aspen, Vail areas) from July 22-25th. Any suggestions? Also looking for a spotter as well. Out here by myself on business and brought the rifle to see if I can get this dialed before October.
Thanks for any help.
Hunter

It’s a bit south but Fort Carson and Pueblo both have 1K ranges. I’m sure there are others as well.

I hope you don’t take a shot at an elk anywhere remotely close to 1000 yards. It would be a crap shoot no matter how often you practice.

Good luck on the hunt when it comes up. One day I will put in for one myself.

Reactions: Steel head
I hope you don’t take a shot at an elk anywhere remotely close to 1000 yards. It would be a crap shoot no matter how often you practice.

Good luck on the hunt when it comes up. One day I will put in for one myself.

Nah, not planning on that. I would feel comfortable out to 400. I got a nice Bull last year at 372. But, want to feel more confident my dope is on at higher elevations.