• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

New 10/22 Stock from Boyd's

Re: New 10/22 Stock from Boyd's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JMBdevotee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just ordered one.

Now I need to decide what barrel... </div></div>

Love my Kidd Barrel and Boyd tacticool combo.

Here's some pics CamW took comparing the Tacticool to the McMillan A5.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CamW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are some photos of the Tacticool stock next to a McMillan A5.Same basic shape, I wish the butt hook was deeper and more of a hook.I also wish the comb was higher.

a5tacticool1.jpg

a5tacticool4.jpg

a5tacticool2.jpg

a5tacticool3.jpg

I went on the Boyd's site to order another Tacticool stock, they're all sold out. They said in a email that this batch was a test run and they would be making another run in the future,but didn't give a time frame when.If you want one of these stocks,send Boyd's a email and bug them about making more.

</div></div>

try looking at a whistle pig barrel. its a lightweight aluminum with a liner. love mine as far as weight. still need to shoot it when i can get to a range, but as far as its weight, wow. no more nose heaviness

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rescueswimmer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Love my Kidd Barrel and Boyd tacticool combo. </div></div>

That's exactly what I was looking at.

18" threaded Kidd on the way...

Ordered mine in Coyote as well. Thanks guys for spotting that they were back in stock. Now I just need the mods and paint job that macman2564 did on his!! How sweet it is!!

Got this info in a Email from Kurt over at Boyd's about the Tacticool stock.

"We will be making the tacticool Rimfire a standard catalog item in a few weeks.
1st offerings will be for the following actions

Ruger 10/22
Savage 93-e/MKII
Marlin 800 & 900 series rifle
CZ 452 heavy barrel
CZ 452 Mag heavy barrel
Remington 597
We are also developing a centerfire counter part to this stock. Will keep you posted."

Looks like they have added them to their webpage, but haven't added any info or purchasing options as of right now. We are getting closer..... Looking at getting one for a Savage Mk II and one for a Ruger 10/22.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtDart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is anyone haveing trouble getting it to add to your shopping cart. I tried to add to cart sevral times, but it says my cart is empty.. </div></div>

Nope. I just tried 3 or 4 different stocks and they all went to my cart.