• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

New 22 LR Rifle - Mini Sharps

hilbillee

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2008
Franklin, NC
I was just browsing the new Cabela's shooting catalog and saw a new 22 rifle. It was a mini Sharps made by Davide Pedersoli. It has a 24"barrel and looks just like a Sharps. I bet it would be a blast to shoot. Anybody actually seen or held one? They had better be good at $999.99.

Re: New 22 LR Rifle - Mini Sharps

I agree, for a grand they better be good. I haven't seen one as yet though I'd like to. I seriously doubt I would ever buy one, but they are kind of a show piece, and I believe there are even some long range shoots held around the country for these type rifles in .22 Rimfire.

I'm not completely sure on this, but I think there was one of these .22 Rimfire shoots at the Alliance Gun Club (57 miles south of me) held a few years back?

I did find this on .22LR Long Range Shooting with these type Sharps Rifles. I knew I had read about this somewhere's. Just had to find it.

Scroll down to the 6th post;
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/3045236/Shootin#Post3045236

Those are cool always wanted a sharps in 45-70 A 22 LR would be great to have. A little to expensive though i am sure a great rifle.

This man sells "match grade" .22 inserts--a .22 conversion sleeve for 45-70 rifles.

Dave Crossno Gun Stocks
23380 N. Anderson Road
Arcadia, Oklahoma 73007
Tel: (405) 396-8786
email: [email protected]

http://www.angelfire.com/ok5/crossnostocks/

They work pretty well from all I read. My source was the Shiloh forum and the OpenRange forum. I bought one for xmas for $160 but haven't shot it yet. They're supposed to be simpler than the Lee Shaver's setup, but I've never seen one of those.

I wonder if my Pedersoli .45 cal Caplock 1859 Sharps Rifle could be converted to a .22LR? That would be kind of neat.