New build concept

Private
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2020
I’m planning a new build sometime in probably about 6 months or so, and I thought I would share the concept and see if anyone has any input.

I want a lightweight DMR style rifle for 1,000 yards and under that can still work well in close quarters, and also relatively lightweight and concealable. The concept is two fold, a no frills rifle that will break down in to a backpack for easy and discreet transport (I would like to try and get in to some hiking and maybe back country camping/hunting next summer/fall) and also something that can be used in an SHTF type scenario yet still break down in to a discrete bag to keep profile down. Mostly it’s an excuse to start playing with 6mm ARC.

So what I am thinking is a standard carbine lower except with a FAB defense R.A.P.S. Carbine stock, but the upper is the star, I’m thinking about using a quick detach barrel kit from Cry Havoc Tactical and an 18 inch 6mm ARC barrel and pretty basic MLOK free float hand guard and low profile gas block. I’m undecided on the bipod. I’m thinking an Arken EP-8 1-8x28 LPVO scope.

Broken down the entire package would only be 18 inches, and whatever the muzzle device is.

What do you think?

Smile Gif.gif