• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

New for the Remington 700 - the Bolt Lift

Re: New for the Remington 700 - the Bolt Lift

For colors what do you guys think about the Magpul FDE? It does sound like a good idea to match the AICS skins. Thanks for the ideas.

As far as fitting a lefty, we haven't tried it nor seen it tried. What I think is that you would just flip it upside down but I'm not entirely sure it would work because they may have changed some dimension on the lefty bolt handles. If you get one and it doesn't work you can just send it back to us.

Justin

Just bought a rifle off a 'hide member. It has the KRG bolt mod and I am enthusiastic about it. I have one action that has been rebarreled, but I hesitate to have a permanent bolt knob attached. It has a low serial number and I may use it for my M40 A-1 build.

I just ordered 2 more of the knobs yesterday.

I'd love to get one for my Savage/Stevens! Does anyone know how close a fit it is on a Savage small knob? If it is close enough, I could dremel out what I need to make it fit. Thanks.

If it's close, I would dremel it out and bed it in a heartbeat. Well, if I didn't sell the Savage and buy a 700...just kidding
smile.gif

WOW! This is a really great idea. I don't have a gunsmith in my area with whom I would trust to do a permanent bolt knob install on my 700, and I hate sending my guns off (or their parts), so this is perfect! I just ordered one! Hopefully I receive it as fast as the others so I can test it out this weekend!

THANKS TO fdkay FOR POINTING ME TO THIS PRODUCT!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great to hear you like it fellas. Here's a video review done by a Marine sniper in Afhgan to whom we sent some knobs around Christmas. You may have to turn your volume up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbNv2E9o0BY

Justin </div></div>

sweet!

I'm ordering one from you guys right now, I'll try to take it on my next deployment. I don't usually get the M24 (I take the M14), but if I do, it'll be nice. if not, I'll give our sniper guys a few to test out.

Just installed my bolt knob! The bolt lift is really a great product. It made it a lot easier to cycle my bolt with the larger knob. I have pretty large hands and grabbing the factory one was pretty annoying. Would definitely recommend...

You guys think i can use one along with scope caps? My bolt already nicks the caps (in the process of fixing that, its a new scope setup) but im curious if it will still work, bad picture, camera isnt cooperating tonight
IMG_0916.jpg

Installed these on my dad's and uncle's rifles over my mid-tour leave. Both really liked them. Super easy to install, marked improvement in ease of bolt manipulation. Excellent product all around. highly recommended for any Remington 700, no matter the use.

Gents,
Thanks for the orders! We've had a few requests here and there for different models. We encourage you to tell us which rifle you would like to outfit with a Bolt Lift. So far it seems to be the Howa is the most requested but it's only been a handful of shooters. Thanks,
Justin

You should be able to post some pics of yours soon!
Thanks for the business utcmoc and everyone who has posted here and purchased from us!

Regarding the Savage version, a shooter just emailed us last week that he had put one on his Savage. He did a little dremel work is all. We're still gauging interest for future official versions.
Justin

Thanks Justin. I can't wait for it to get in. It's definitely one of the biggest ideas on such a small scale that will make a huge improvement. Definitely cornered the market since you are the only one who manufactures one. And on top of that, from what i hear, it is a top notch product. Congrats on an innovation like that. So thanks in advance haha. A lot more convenient than sending my bolt off to get threaded. Will post pics as soon as I have it installed.

mine wouldnt let any of the o rings fit. guess my handle is a bit larger. safe to do without epoxy.? might just epoxy it anyways.

Roggom-Looks great! Always nice to see a wood stocked rifle, they sure look good.

UTC-Yeah there's quite a bit of variation. If yours doesn't need them, you're not alone. As long as it fits good without the o-rings. The epoxy will give the best fit of course, it will be rock solid. Thanks,
Justin

Nice rig , is that a hart stock? been looking at similar one on stockys for my 243 sps.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: roggom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is one on my SPS-V, I have 2 so far, might have to order a 3rd just to get another tin.

dsc03546800x491.jpg

By roggom at 2011-09-26</div></div>

^^
Thanks, and yes it is the Bobby Hart LRT stock from Stockys; I got the one without the Aluminum Block, perfect drop in. This one is the Granite Grey. The stock and the bolt lift are a great value for aesthetics and functionality.

Also thanks Justin for the comment and the great customer service!

Got the bolt lift yesterday. Took about 1min to install it. Very smooth. It is pretty big but it works well for me as i have larger hands. Also I installed it with the two rubber orings and it fit very well with no movement at all once tightend together. +1 I am impressed. I like the fact that i can restore my rifle to its origional bolt just by removing this. As far as bolt manipulation this thing works wonders. Gives added leverage.I will probly bed this thing with epoxy and add releasing agent to the bolt so it is still removable.
Thanks Justin!

Here is a pic

DSC05245.jpg

Here's another vote for a savage handle. I bet you would sell quite a few of them to the rimfire guys alone (I know I would buy two). I think I'll order one from you just to see what all I can get it to fit. If nothing else, it'll make a nice Christmas gift for the brother in law.

Hey guys,
We now have Bolt Lifts in FDE and OD Green! We had enough requests so we went ahead with it. You can still order straight off of our site, and there is a little selection box for the color.

The colors match the FDE and OD green from Magpul.

Thanks!
Justin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: roggom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got my OD one today, very nice. Blends in real good. BTW those are raindrops not imperfections on the bolt lift. Great job Justin.

dsc00061rzj.jpg

By roggom at 2012-08-01 </div></div>

I thought my screen was wet before I read your description.

YES... u made it in FDE..

Gonna place a order now...

Its gonna fit just perfect with my new AX AICS 2.0 in FDE...

Anybody got it in FDE `? pictures or it didn't happen =)