New from Louisiana

Swampcrawler65

Private
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2018
Hi guys. I’ve wanted to begin trying to learn to shoot beyond 100 yards for my whole life, but never got my feet wet mostly due to finances.

Well, my wonderful wife just bought me a Bergara BMP 6.5 for Valentine’s Day, so here I am.

I know practically nothing and have no precision rifle gear except the rifle. Looking forward to learning and conversing with the pros here.

Reactions: Mark W
Welcome and good luck on your journey into precision rifle! Where in Louisiana are you located? I'm in Shreveport/Bossier and shoot at Long Range Alley.

If you're on Facebook, and haven't done so yet, join the LPRC group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/968746629830776/). There's a bunch of good folks from all over the state on there, as well as the SE region. It's also where you can see when and where the local club matches are as well as PRS matches.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swampcrawler65
Im in Laplace. About 30 minutes outside New Orleans. The 940 yard range down near Grand isle just reopened after a year closure and an ownership change. So I’m a happy fat man. Never thought I’d have almost 1k yards an hour and a half away!