• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

New gas block

Dantrom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Supporter
Jun 30, 2009
northwest ohio
So I picked up my RRA Tactical Operator to day immediately decided I want to change my three winged-picatinny-sight gas block!
f7053bb5.jpg

I'd like a low mount block in case I go with a longer rail in the future. And I am going to be running this rifle suppressed. Should I go with an adjustable?

Curious if anyone else did the same with theirs?

Thanks

Dan

Re: New gas block

I bought the same RRA and at first I liked the pop-up front sight with rail mount on bottom for a tripod. Everytime you walk with the weapon 1 or 2 of the front sling mounts clank. I just purchased a low-profile gas block and ss-series free float 10 inch carbine handguard from MI. This should allow for a tripod rail. Since the instructions say "some fitting required", I'm going to have a gunsmith do the work. thanxs. dwm

What is wrong with it as is? Pick the swivel you want to use (if any) and drive/drill the rivets out of the others. It's easy to remedy the floppy swivel issue without taking the whole rifle apart.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is wrong with it as is? Pick the swivel you want to use (if any) and drive/drill the rivets out of the others. It's easy to remedy the floppy swivel issue without taking the whole rifle apart.

</div></div>

After shooting the rifle I think I am going to take your advice. The rifle shoots awesome!!! And I don't want to mess it up.