• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

New guy from AZ

Grog11

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2018
Anthem, Arizona
Hey all,

Not a new shooter, but relatively new to this site and precision shooting.

I’m originally from Iowa and moved from B.B. gun, through 3 position smallbore, across the course high power (distinguished with the M14), then on to Palma (Palma 20 waaaaaay back), and then I went to college got working, moved to AZ, had kids........ annnnd now a decade and a half later and I’m getting back into shooting with PRS style matches.

Anyhow, I’m here to gain as much knowledge as possible and talk about shooting in general. Thanks!

For those interested, I’m shooting 308 with a Remington 700 in a Cadex. We’ll see what I end up with ;)

I'm new, here going on two years. Left upstate NY, bad winters and worse politics.

I'm in Pearce, Cochise County, 50mi N of Mex. Been to Ben Avery, it's fabulous, but it's also far enough away to need a hotel room before returning home.

I belong to Douglas R&P in (of course) Douglas, a straight run down 191. It's not Ben Avery, but it has 300yd/300m, and a few covered benches; it's an old ANG Base range. My older Brother lived in Mesa and loved Ben Avery, but we lost Bill some years back.

I do load development (.223, .260, 7.62x39, .308, 7.62x54R, and .30-'06) and shoot a lot of 223 there for recreation. Used to shoot 1000yd F Class, and before that (1990's) N/M Highpower.

Welcome to AZ. Semper Fi from an old Jarhead.

Greg

Welcome! The match at Cowtown is ran by AZLRPRS. We have matches scheduled on the 2nd Saturday of every month through the end of the year. If you plan to shoot, make sure you register through Practiscore prior. We've had an increased interest in the last few months and have gone to a wait list once full, so registering early will ensure a spot. We added slots for the May match and are almost full again.

Welcome! The match at Cowtown is ran by AZLRPRS. We have matches scheduled on the 2nd Saturday of every month through the end of the year. If you plan to shoot, make sure you register through Practiscore prior. We've had an increased interest in the last few months and have gone to a wait list once full, so registering early will ensure a spot. We added slots for the May match and are almost full again.

Thanks! Done and done. See you there!

Also, as this is going to be a thing for me, how can I join AZLRPS?

Thanks! Done and done. See you there!

Also, as this is going to be a thing for me, how can I join AZLRPS?

Just show up. We don't have an actual membership procedure. More like, have-thick-skin-and-be-willing-to-accept-feedback (this is sarcasm btw... We're actually a very friendly group). We have a good amount of pro shooters who come to each match and are willing to help out and we try to divide the pros and semi-pros up between the squads so newer shooters can expect coaching if requested. After each match, we meet up for food and drinks. That's when the real advice comes, both solicited and otherwise. LOL.

Last edited:
Just show up. We don't have an actual membership procedure. More like, have-thick-skin-and-be-willing-to-accept-feedback (this is sarcasm btw... We're actually a very friendly group). We have a good amount of pro shooters who come to each match and are willing to help out and we try to divide the pros and semi-pros up between the squads so newer shooters can expect coaching if requested. After each match, we meet up for food and drinks. That's when the real advice comes, both solicited and otherwise. LOL.
Are you also doing the .22 prs matches?