• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

New guy, New gun

Bowhunting_Shawn

Private
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2010
First ill introduce myself. Name is Shawn i live in Va and am relatively new to the long gun game. I traded an AR of mine today for a custom .308 long gun. All in all i came out really nicely. It is a Savage action and thats it, has a millet lrs scope, harris bipod, mcmillan stock and is super nice. I do have a question for you guys on here though. The trigger is not the factory one. Can you guys take a look and let me know what it is? Thanks.

trigger.jpg

And of te gun
sniper.jpg

Re: New guy, New gun

The trigger is indeed the factory accutrigger. The stock is a bell and carlson and not a mcmillan. The Millett will get you by for now, but it is far from a quality optic. Get out and shoot the thing. Savages have always been known for their out of the box accuracy and that stock is definitely an upgrade. My old 10fp would shoot sub MOA all day long. Enjoy it.

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The trigger is indeed the factory accutrigger. The stock is a bell and carlson and not a mcmillan. The Millett will get you by for now, but it is far from a quality optic. Get out and shoot the thing. Savages have always been known for their out of the box accuracy and that stock is definitely an upgrade. My old 10fp would shoot sub MOA all day long. Enjoy it.

Josh </div></div>

What Josh said, that sure looks like an accutrigger. Now go out and shoot.

Hello, fellow noob here! Nice looking rifle you have there.

From the looks of it (and we all know they can be deceiving), that is a factory Savage Accu-Trigger.

EDIT: Dang, looks like 4 people beat me to the punch lol.