• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

This is my new shooting sports hero

Based on this video, it looks like a STEYR evo 10.

1722817638702.png

1722803504884.png

Last edited:
I pretty much stopped shooting PRS. It just got pretty stale. Shooting off a slightly different iteration of a highly contrived prop, stage after stage, gets pretty boring.

I get why hyper-competitive people still like it - they know pretty much exactly what to expect, and they want to beat the next guy by 1 second on that contrived prop they practice on week in and week out on. That's just not for me.

NRL Hunter and Competition Dynamics matches have really caught my eye. Those look fun and refreshing, especially when compared to the modern state of PRS.

I saw the writing on the wall when I shot my friends 20 pound Vudoo who had just won our NRL22 match. I thought to myself, man this gun almost shoots itself. Nah at almost 60 I figured I was timing out anyway vs spending another $3000 to stay somewhat competitive. Back then I almost sold my favorite 22rf to do so but came to my senses.

Thankfully there were other gun games I could still win in or get the high score in my division and still going for it in these.

Well now that I think about it I've spent much more than $3000 since then, LOL. Something wrong with me I guess.

Reactions: kthomas
I ran into a top Olympic match air pistol shooter at the Shotshow at a booth one time. He was representing a computer operated shooting target system. This gizmo is what many Olympic shooters practice with because it tracks where you hit, your movements and range of, and helps show which techniques in form grow the scores. I got to try it and he actually complimented me on my skill back then. Though I had to hold the Olympic match pistol linked to the E target system both hands.

Anyway this guy said his practice is basically his full time job. Exercise, diet, mental training, and hundreds of thousands of pellets sent into 10M bulls. That didn't include college and everything else needed in life.

BTW the Turk's pistol is a top contender in the Olympic PCP pistol world.

I also shoot a Steyr. A LP5 repeater. Just for fun mostly, however I have won a few airgun pistol matches with it.

I ran into a top Olympic match air pistol shooter at the Shotshow at a booth one time. He was representing a computer operated shooting target system. This gizmo is what many Olympic shooters practice with because it tracks where you hit, your movements and range of, and helps show which techniques in form grow the scores. I got to try it and he actually complimented me on my skill back then. Though I had to hold the Olympic match pistol linked to the E target system both hands.

Anyway this guy said his practice is basically his full time job. Exercise, diet, mental training, and hundreds of thousands of pellets sent into 10M bulls. That didn't include college and everything else needed in life.

BTW the Turk's pistol is a top contender in the Olympic PCP pistol world.

I also shoot a Steyr. A LP5 repeater. Just for fun mostly, however I have won a few airgun pistol matches with it.

Are the automated targets made by Dominion?

Because if they are… then the gold probably goes to Trump!

Sirhr

I saw the writing on the wall when I shot my friends 20 pound Vudoo who had just won our NRL22 match. I thought to myself, man this gun almost shoots itself. Nah at almost 60 I figured I was timing out anyway vs spending another $3000 to stay somewhat competitive. Back then I almost sold my favorite 22rf to do so but came to my senses.

Thankfully there were other gun games I could still win in or get the high score in my division and still going for it in these.

Well now that I think about it I've spent much more than $3000 since then, LOL. Something wrong with me I guess.
You could always compete in the women's class.

I hear that usually works out well. 🤪

You could always compete in the women's class.

I hear that usually works out well. 🤪

Ha, I shoot against a girl in her early 30's who is a multi time world champion in WFTF Field Target air rifle. Locally in our club of course she either wins or is right near the top. But we have a club of really polished shooters and there's a half dozen of us that can get the high score in a match from month to month. Last month one guy got a perfect! I was 47/48 and so was that girl.