New McMillan HTG M40A1 smear stocks!!!

yea i was just piddling around just to get an idea as to what it would look like with the action screwed in to the stock. i havent had mine built yet as im still waiting for the lugged scope mount before i send her off to be built. and thats when i realized that the screws weren't able to reach the action threads. so maybe thats the issue..it needs to be professionally inletted before it will screw in right.

yea i was just piddling around just to get an idea as to what it would look like with the action screwed in to the stock. i havent had mine built yet as im still waiting for the lugged scope mount before i send her off to be built. and thats when i realized that the screws weren't able to reach the action threads. so maybe thats the issue..it needs to be professionally inletted before it will screw in right.
How flush is the bottom metal to the stock when you fit it in there?

I saw that yesterday. I tried to add it to my cart and got an error message. Then it was gone from the listing page when I refreshed.

I’m glad someone else noticed it. I thought I might have seen a mirage. These Smear Stocks do funny things to a man’s mind. I did snag the HTG Urban Smear on Saturday. Since it’s not any true clone correct stock, I can just build it out with my excess M40xx parts pile.

There is/was an M40A3 MOD1 also. It had the deep hook in the buttstock. Not my thing, but it seemed like an odd variation.

IMG_1390.png

ETA: I just checked McM site. That’s a new one. So that’s two this week.

Reactions: capthook
I saw that yesterday. I tried to add it to my cart and got an error message. Then it was gone from the listing page when I refreshed.

I’m glad someone else noticed it. I thought I might have seen a mirage. These Smear Stocks do funny things to a man’s mind. I did snag the HTG Urban Smear on Saturday. Since it’s not any true clone correct stock, I can just build it out with my excess M40xx parts pile.

There is/was an M40A3 MOD1 also. It had the deep hook in the buttstock. Not my thing, but it seemed like an odd variation.

View attachment 8490165

Appreciate this....been looking for one. Thanks

There is/was an M40A3 MOD1 also. It had the deep hook in the buttstock. Not my thing, but it seemed like an odd variation

View attachment 8490165

If anyone is looking there's a big hook A4 for DD Ross bottom metal on McMillan's site right now, plus a couple inletted for M5 DBMs as well 👍