New MDT ACC Gen 2 - Rimfire Focused

Right there with ya brother. I don't see why alienating 10% of your audience and maintaining 2 SKUs per chassis design is better than making bolt handle and safety notches on both sides from day one. Super frustrating. I could go buy MPA, JP, or Magpul, but I'd rather have MDT ACC Premier Gen 2.

Yeah, same. I have three or four MDT chassis and want to buy at least two more. Also love the Elite rings, level, timer, etc. Big fan of MDT, wish they felt the same for lefties.
As the only lefty in the Design/Engineering department it pains me greatly and I promise that I am fighting the good fight for us.

Th reason that we don't offer ambidextrous chassis comes back to our core principles of doing things the most intentional way and always striving to improve on products. Notching both side of an inlet inheritably weakens the entire system and adds more room for deflection as well as an ugly aesthetic hole. Our lefty minority is vocal, but not persuasive enough to make everything RH and LH compatible unfortunately :(

- *sad design noises* Josh

As the only lefty in the Design/Engineering department it pains me greatly and I promise that I am fighting the good fight for us.
THANK YOU!
Th reason that we don't offer ambidextrous chassis comes back to our core principles of doing things the most intentional way and always striving to improve on products. Notching both side of an inlet inheritably weakens the entire system and adds more room for deflection as well as an ugly aesthetic hole. Our lefty minority is vocal, but not persuasive enough to make everything RH and LH compatible unfortunately :(

- *sad design noises* Josh
I'm no structural engineer so I couldn't argue the weakening, and the aesthetics are 100% subjective. So still sad, and vocal, I guess. :) Seems like those challenges are not impossible to fix. The Magpul solution involves precise-fitting steel plates that are bolted in place, so there's no open hole and there's probably no (or very little) loss of strength. I guess it's wrong to copy designs, though. ;-)

Keep fighting the good fight!

Reactions: MDT_Josh
I wish they'd hurry up and release the ACC elite for CZ 457. I'd literally have bought one a couple weeks ago if they existed, plus they'd be surprised how many people would pony up for that chassis. the heart wants what it wants.

Reactions: Mark_Dorman
I wish they'd hurry up and release the ACC elite for CZ 457. I'd literally have bought one a couple weeks ago if they existed, plus they'd be surprised how many people would pony up for that chassis. the heart wants what it wants.
ACC Premier Gen2 with a CZ457 inlet just got released

that’s basically an ACC Elite short/lite.
you can put almost all the ACC Elite stuff on the premier gen 2

ACC Premier Gen2 with a CZ457 inlet just got released

that’s basically an ACC Elite short/lite.
you can put almost all the ACC Elite stuff on the premier gen 2

If you're okay with spending a little extra, you can basically make the Gen 2 and Elite (or very similar). You can get their MDT SRS-X Elite Gen 2 Buttstock and MDT Vertical Grip - Premier With Connector Bar. This would make it very similar to the Elite. You wouldn't get the adjustable thumb rest or 19" forend, but it would look pretty cool. @DeathBeforeDismount is planning on doing this and MDT confirmed it will all work/fit together. It'll cost a couple hundred extra over an actual Elite, but it's an option.

If you're okay with spending a little extra, you can basically make the Gen 2 and Elite (or very similar). You can get their MDT SRS-X Elite Gen 2 Buttstock and MDT Vertical Grip - Premier With Connector Bar. This would make it very similar to the Elite. You wouldn't get the adjustable thumb rest or 19" forend, but it would look pretty cool. @DeathBeforeDismount is planning on doing this and MDT confirmed it will all work/fit together. It'll cost a couple hundred extra over an actual Elite, but it's an option.

nothing new, a few MDT guys have been doing it for sometime now

the adjustable mag catch fits as well.
it’s sold as a separate upgrade now

I wish companies would stop shortening the forends.
make the long option, I will pay more if I need to...

How long of a barrel are you panning on running? Because the CZ action is shorter than the R700, most barrels end up looking 1.5 inches shorter in most chassis/stocks originally designed for an R700 action.

Womfat has a 22 inch barrel on his wife's CZ and it looks pretty good. If you had an Elite with the 4 inch longer forend and a 24 inch barrel it would just be poking out of the end. Though some people like that look.
1724262843100.png

Reactions: MDT_Josh and Cody S
How long of a barrel are you panning on running? Because the CZ action is shorter than the R700, most barrels end up looking 1.5 inches shorter in most chassis/stocks originally designed for an R700 action.

Womfat has a 22 inch barrel on his wife's CZ and it looks pretty good. If you had an Elite with the 4 inch longer forend and a 24 inch barrel it would just be poking out of the end. Though some people like that look.
View attachment 8484768
I did not think about the action sizing. yes just a 24 or 25 inch barrel, something in there. blank arrives soon.
it's just as much about I want every ounce as far forward as possible for barricade balance. cutting off forend means I can add less weights with less leverage.
plus I do like the looks of a long forend with a 24" barrel.

Last edited:
I did not think about the action sizing. yes just a 24 or 25 inch barrel, something in there. blank arrives soon.
it's just as much about I want every ounce as far forward as possible for barricade balance. cutting off forend means I can add less weights with less leverage.

Outside of the look, I don't think you'll have any issues with Balance. The CZ action is lighter than an R700 action and the ACC Gen 2 forend is supposed to be fairly well weighted. Assuming you're going with something like a 1.180 barrel, you'll have a lot of weight out front already. I don't think you'd need a crazy amount of weights in addition to that.

That being said, I don't know the weight difference on the Elite Buttstock, but I can't imagine it adding more than 1 lb over the Gen 2 buttstock.

Last edited:
Outside of the look, I don't think you'll have any issues with Balance. The CZ action is lighter than an R700 action and the ACC Gen 2 forend is supposed to be fairly well weighted. Assuming you're going with something like a 1.180 barrel, you'll have a lot of weight out front already. I don't think you'd need a crazy amount of weights in addition to that.

That being said, I don't know the weight difference on the Elite Buttstock, but I can't imagine it adding more than 1 lb or the Gen 2 buttstock.
There is about a 10 oz difference between the two (with short LOP). When increasing the LOP with the spacer on the SRS-X Elite, you will get that difference closer to 1 lb.

We decided against the ACC Elite for the CZ 457 for two reasons:
  1. We knew that we would develop what would eventually be called the ACC Premier Gen2, and,
  2. A $1600 chassis for a $500 barreled action feels bananas, although if there is enough demand you can request them here: https://mdttac.com/product-request/
- Josh

1. We knew that we would develop what would eventually be called the ACC Premier Gen2, and,
  2. A $1600 chassis for a $500 barreled action feels bananas, although if there is enough demand you can request them here: https://mdttac.com/product-request/
- Josh

That's totally understandable. Though at this point there are a ton of CZ guys dropping $500-$800 on big barrels and customized barreled actions from places like DPG (~$1700). I can't say there is demand, but it wouldn't shock me these days. That being said, I personally think the Elite would still be far less popular than the ACC Gen 2.

It might be cool to offer an upgrade option for the Gen 2 that comes with the Elite Buttstock and Connecting Bar. I would image it would still be cheaper than the Elite and far less expensive than buying the parts a la carte.

- Josh
it does seem bananas but that's exactly what I'm going to spend on a chassis for this cz 457.
am I wise? probably not. but the heart wants what it wants.
also I personally spend 400 on my cz action, 200 on the trigger, and 500 on the barrel, 300 on work so really it's a 1400 barrelled action in a 1600 chassis, which is about right these days.
I'm not saying you'll sell a million, but literally in the small town of (nowhere)Jackson KY there is a prs range and a dozen guys run custom CZ's of various budgets.
I personally have budgeted 2k for a stock for this particular rifle and I will spend when i find something that REALLY tickles my fancy for specifically PRS 22.
I debated so hard on the manners TCS but the fact that it has a 8 month ish wait(if I'm lucky) and nothing for adjustable side to side cheek piece unlike most manners tcs has made me shy away.
why go for the cz over say a different betterer action?
to save about a thousand dollars and put it towards a stock. I followed your link for the request. you build one, I will buy it right now.
I'll go a step further and pay in full up front and wait for my product. if it helps convince somebody to make the best possible prs stock for a cz 457.

Last edited:
There is about a 10 oz difference between the two (with short LOP). When increasing the LOP with the spacer on the SRS-X Elite, you will get that difference closer to 1 lb.
is there any way on this new Premier gen 2 cz 457 chassis that we can get a ultra thin cheek piece or one that is adjustable from side to side or just one offset already? I must have a fat face because that feature genuinely benefits my shooting.

- Josh
If you sold the verision we had talk about, I think it would sell really well. You could charge more for it too, closer to ACC Elite price.

Here's what it looks & balances like stock with a 24" x 1.18" barrel, balancing on a hex key:
IMG_5570.jpeg

And how it sits now with a DPG barreled action (24 x 1.10"), ~1lb of internal weight in the front of it, along with the Elite grip and connector bar and an adapter piece, 3/4" butt pad spacer, and other doodads (timer/level/camera):

IMG_5964.jpg

I've also got a gen1 and wrote up some key differences in the CZ457 thread

Bummed to hear an Elite won't happen - I would buy one.

@1911Shootist that's so attractive if I can figure out how to get that grip and connector bar I'll go ahead and order that stock and deal with the lack of features.

Easy enough to order from MDT or retailers:

Euro Optic is the only one I know of carrying the SRS-X Elite Gen 2 Buttstock which you need for the Connector Bar to attach to (unless @1911Shootist can share where he got the connector he's using or made. Maybe 3D printed?):
https://www.eurooptic.com/search.aspx?keyword=MDT SRS-X Elite Gen 2

I still think they'd be wise to spend a few more hours designing a fully featured cz 457 elite chassis. produce it after payment with a 3 month wait as necessary or whatever, I'd still do it.

Honestly, I don't think MDT is going to custom make one for you but you never know. If they did decide to produce it on mass, I would expect it take way more than 3 months between design, testing, and production.

Here's what it looks & balances like stock with a 24" x 1.18" barrel, balancing on a hex key:
View attachment 8484859

And how it sits now with a DPG barreled action (24 x 1.10"), ~1lb of internal weight in the front of it, along with the Elite grip and connector bar and an adapter piece, 3/4" butt pad spacer, and other doodads (timer/level/camera):

View attachment 8484860

I've also got a gen1 and wrote up some key differences in the CZ457 thread

Bummed to hear an Elite won't happen - I would buy one.

That's impressive. Especially with the super heavy Razor + scope cam. Looks fantastic!

I need to wait until Brownells gets them in stock due to their super easy return policy just in case they don’t jive well with the 1.25” barrels.
We have a 30-day return policy if you order direct from mdttac.com and there should be no issue going up to 1.250" straight at the maximum.
is there any way on this new Premier gen 2 cz 457 chassis that we can get a ultra thin cheek piece or one that is adjustable from side to side or just one offset already? I must have a fat face because that feature genuinely benefits my shooting.
We have released the MDT Low-Profile Cheek Piece which allows you to run a super low cheek/chin weld if you'd like! This was inspired by Chad Hecklers design that he was 3d printing.

We have a 30-day return policy if you order direct from mdttac.com and there should be no issue going up to 1.250" straight at the maximum.

We have released the MDT Low-Profile Cheek Piece which allows you to run a super low cheek/chin weld if you'd like! This was inspired by Chad Hecklers design that he was 3d printing.
We discussed it already but just making sure the chamfer on my barrel is enough to fully seat down without any inference in the V-block.

Easy enough to order from MDT or retailers:

Euro Optic is the only one I know of carrying the SRS-X Elite Gen 2 Buttstock which you need for the Connector Bar to attach to (unless @1911Shootist can share where he got the connector he's using or made. Maybe 3D printed?):
https://www.eurooptic.com/search.aspx?keyword=MDT SRS-X Elite Gen 2

Honestly, I don't think MDT is going to custom make one for you but you never know. If they did decide to produce it on mass, I would expect it take way more than 3 months between design, testing, and production.

That's impressive. Especially with the super heavy Razor + scope cam. Looks fantastic!
Thanks! My grip is the Elite w/connector bar, not the Premier. The adapter is something I made and 3D printed. Fitment isn’t ideal and I haven’t gotten around to correcting the model yet.

What is this version? One with the Elite buttstock, grip, and bar?
We hope to be selling the buttstock, grip and connector bar as well as the chassis as individual parts so that you could build your own version of the "baby Elite" in the future! I can't foresee us offering an in-between chassis "kit" that includes some of the premier and elite features. Lots of stuff in the works though and hopefully we'll make it even easier to customize your order soon!

We discussed it already but just making sure the chamfer on my barrel is enough to fully seat down without any inference in the V-block.
Yes, there shouldn't be any interference issues! The pictures that @1911Shootist posted above of our "new" inlet should allow the largest CZ 457 barrels to fit!

- Josh

Also running an Arca attached bag and bipod at the same time because of the real estate available. Getting the Garmin on there is a possibility too. I’m hoping my 24” barrel build on an Elite will be lighter than my 20” barrel Premier Gen 1 is when balanced.

it does seem bananas but that's exactly what I'm going to spend on a chassis for this cz 457.
am I wise? probably not. but the heart wants what it wants.
also I personally spend 400 on my cz action, 200 on the trigger, and 500 on the barrel, 300 on work so really it's a 1400 barrelled action in a 1600 chassis, which is about right these days.
I'm not saying you'll sell a million, but literally in the small town of (nowhere)Jackson KY there is a prs range and a dozen guys run custom CZ's of various budgets.
I personally have budgeted 2k for a stock for this particular rifle and I will spend when i find something that REALLY tickles my fancy for specifically PRS 22.
I debated so hard on the manners TCS but the fact that it has a 8 month ish wait(if I'm lucky) and nothing for adjustable side to side cheek piece unlike most manners tcs has made me shy away.
why go for the cz over say a different betterer action?
to save about a thousand dollars and put it towards a stock. I followed your link for the request. you build one, I will buy it right now.
I'll go a step further and pay in full up front and wait for my product. if it helps convince somebody to make the best possible prs stock for a cz 457.
What was your mental journey to going all in on CZ vs a 700 clone action? My T1X had always been clunky, even in factory trim, which drove me to a Duece rather than CZ with associated custom receiver work for a threaded barrel.

What was your mental journey to going all in on CZ vs a 700 clone action? My T1X had always been clunky, even in factory trim, which drove me to a Duece rather than CZ with associated custom receiver work for a threaded barrel.
read my post on price. it was literally just about saving an extra thousand for a stock and I heard lots of good options would be available for the 457 and they seem to have been right.
plus word on the street is they may feed better than 700 clones, plus the mags aren't sensitive to touch or tilt, plus 13 rounders are cheap and available.

Reactions: bobby1028
plus word on the street is they may feed better than 700 clones, plus the mags aren't sensitive to touch or tilt, plus 13 rounders are cheap and available.

There are definitely less complaints about feeding issues. Though loads of us running Vudoos and RimX have never had issues. But I totally get not wanting to potentially deal with it. Part of the reason I wanted an R700 based action was stock and trigger availability. CZ can definitely hang with custom actions though with a good barrel so I don't see a reason not to go that route if you like it. My brother's CZ is fantastic and cost way less than my Vudoo.

Honestly, the mag sensitivity to touch or tilt is a little over dramatized. Anyone with a decent barricade block or bag stop won't have issues. I've shot over 1500 rounds through my Vudoo so far and haven't had any feeding issues outside of initially adjusting my L3i Magazines.

Last edited:
let me rephrase all that so I don't give the wrong impression.
I'm poor.
if I wasn't, I'd run a vudoo or rimX

Don't lie 😂 , you're willing to drop $1600+ on a Chassis. That's not poor. I think you're just being smart and frugal with your choices. Makes total sense and I can't say anything bad about your choices.

let me rephrase all that so I don't give the wrong impression.
I'm poor.
if I wasn't, I'd run a vudoo or rimX
I've accepted a lack of budget restraint in my competitive hobbies. I've tried the B14R & V360 routes, went back to CZ and would do it all over again. If you lined up a Vudoo, RimX and CZ in the same chassis with same/similar barrels, I'd still grab the CZ.

The only action I'd prefer is my 64 Annie, but MDT doesn't make a chassis for that one. Ungodly smooth, trigger that leaves my B&A's & Diamond's in the dust, ultra reliable over several thousand rounds (unlike the 54's and 1710's I've seen).

I've tried the B14R & V360 routes, went back to CZ and would do it all over again. If you lined up a Vudoo, RimX and CZ in the same chassis with same/similar barrels, I'd still grab the CZ.
If there were more lefty chassis options for CZ, and Beretta imported more lefty CZ models, I'd be right there with ya. I'd even consider selling my RimX to make it happen.
Part of the reason I wanted an R700 based action was stock and trigger availability.
Same for me, but add the availability of lefty options.

I've got a built 457 right-hand action in an MDT XRS and it loves to put Eley Match in one hole over and over, but having tasted the sweet nectar of having the bolt on the dominant side has left me hollow and unsatisfied with the CZ so far.