Rifle Scopes New Nightforce products

Re: New Nightforce products

Hopefully they come out with some lens covers. I have a 5.5-22x50, and the Butler Creek 44 is too big, while the 43 is too small. I'm going to try to cut a small slit in the bottom of the 43; maybe that will make it fit.

43 works on mine, bit of a squeeze but it does go on. On my 3rd set this yr as the cover keeps snapping. Would happily pay up for one that lasts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrLowandSlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hopefully they come out with some lens covers. I have a 5.5-22x50, and the Butler Creek 44 is too big, while the 43 is too small. I'm going to try to cut a small slit in the bottom of the 43; maybe that will make it fit. </div></div>

Add a wrap or two of black electrical tape on the objective, then the one that is slightly too large will fit.

I replace them all the time. Break at the hing of course. I would like to see NF or S&C come out with an AL cover like Leupold. Or some aftermarket maker do them. There would be a market.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Add a wrap or two of black electrical tape on the objective, then the one that is slightly too large will fit. </div></div>

Two wraps got the #44 to fit tight on mine.

Don't try and cut the 43 I did it went in the trash afterwards. It flared real bad. The problem with the 44 on mine is it's a good bit thicker that the 43 was and won't fit between the scope and barrel. I realy don't wanna go up in ring height either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only issue for me is the rear BC cap. The entire eyepiece rotates as power changes and the damn cap is always moving around. Maybe I'm too dumb to figure it out. Do you guys have this issue and how do you make it work out?
</div></div>

I set mine so my hand and the bolt knob clear it when it's at the extreme clockwise position, and deal with the hassle when it's rotated back the other way. As long as it doesn't cause a problem with the bolt function it's just a pain in the a$$ that I can deal with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Two wraps got the #44 to fit tight on mine.</div></div>

I'll try that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: justintimesc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't try and cut the 43 I did it went in the trash afterwards. It flared real bad. </div></div>

Thanks for the heads up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only issue for me is the rear BC cap. The entire eyepiece rotates as power changes and the damn cap is always moving around. Maybe I'm too dumb to figure it out. Do you guys have this issue and how do you make it work out?
</div></div>

It's not you. A lot of us have this problem with the NF scopes. I think this is one of the cons for sure. Nonetheless, it is really not that big of a deal, just something I would put on the ideal list. I have an F1 on the way. I am thinking about for going the caps and just using the bikini cover they send wrapped around the scope so it doesn't walk away. If it doesn't work, there's always BC caps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: broke_again</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FFP with higher Mag. hopefully!!!</div></div>

Yes! 5.5-22!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iggy.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: broke_again</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FFP with higher Mag. hopefully!!!</div></div>

Yes! 5.5-22! </div></div>

It will probably be $2500. At that point, I'd probably go with a Premier Reticles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickeness</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A rail mounted bubble level that actually works would be great. I know nf can pull it off! </div></div>
USO has already pulled that one off. They are great little levels.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Re25</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think they should have a buyers club, every fifth scope free!!! </div></div>
Im guessing you have 4 already?
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickeness</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A rail mounted bubble level that actually works would be great. I know nf can pull it off! </div></div>
USO has already pulled that one off. They are great little levels. </div></div>

Except sometimes you will get one that is machined off center. I'd rather not go there and get called a USO basher by all the fanboys, I went that route and found it unsatisfactory for my needs.

NF bubble level would go well with their ACI.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickeness</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickeness</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A rail mounted bubble level that actually works would be great. I know nf can pull it off! </div></div>

Except one in four is machined off center. I'd rather not go there and get called a USO basher by all the fanboys, I went that route and found it unsatisfactory for my needs.

NF bubble level would go well with their ACI. </div></div>
Im not here to bash anyone, but I would like to know where you got your stats.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickeness</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickeness</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A rail mounted bubble level that actually works would be great. I know nf can pull it off! </div></div>

Except one in four is machined off center. I'd rather not go there and get called a USO basher by all the fanboys, I went that route and found it unsatisfactory for my needs.

NF bubble level would go well with their ACI. </div></div>
Im not here to bash anyone, but I would like to know where you got your stats. </div></div>

You're right, the stats are a WAG on my part so I will edit my original post as to be more reasonable.

How about a 3-15 40mm obj, 1/2 moa high speed ZS and a more bold MOA reticle.Think mlr style or how about moa dot!(patent pendingLOL!!).

I am intrigued by their soon to be released velocity reticle in the 3-15, barring any other developments, I think that is my next scope!!

How about a 2.5-10 with 1/2 moa click hi speed turrets ZS and paralxx adjust? In their flyer the velocity reticle looks good in a 2.5-10 , but If I had my wish a bolder NPR2 would be nice. Sure I can light up the reticle, but I hate depending on batteries.( my Leupolds suck up those $4 pills like a pothead eats a bag dorritos.)

And I know somone will chime in "you do not need paralaxx on a 2.5-10x scope", well the fact is I actually like it on my Leupold 3.5-10x scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sandbogg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about a 3-15 40mm obj, 1/2 moa high speed ZS and a more bold MOA reticle.Think mlr style or how about moa dot!(patent pendingLOL!!).

I am intrigued by their soon to be released velocity reticle in the 3-15, barring any other developments, I think that is my next scope!!

How about a 2.5-10 with 1/2 moa click hi speed turrets ZS and paralxx adjust? In their flyer the velocity reticle looks good in a 2.5-10 , but If I had my wish a bolder NPR2 would be nice. Sure I can light up the reticle, but I hate depending on batteries.( my Leupolds suck up those $4 pills like a pothead eats a bag dorritos.)

And I know somone will chime in "you do not need paralaxx on a 2.5-10x scope", well the fact is I actually like it on my Leupold 3.5-10x scopes.

</div></div>

All these ideas sound good.

I want a 40 or 42mm obj. on the compacts. And true FDE/OD scopes.

-dan