• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

New paint job...

Re: New paint job...

I'd recommend the Duracoat.
You will need an airbrush, and yes, you can paint the stock and the metal.
Can be had at Ebay for about $25.
Good Luck

all of this is true.

my opinion......i use krylon, i can change it when i wanna, and it stops the rust and breaks up the outline of my gun in the woods.

if it isn't a safe queen, you really won't care about the two chips of paint that flake off after a year of faithful service anyway......my brand new night force has more beauty-use dings than most rifles so maybe you shouldn't listen to me.....or maybe you should? lol

I have had good experiences with Brownells Alumahyde II. Its easy to apply, no baking required. Once it fully cures (a few weeks) it holds up very very well. For something a little more permanent, Cerakote.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: no7vice</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a matte black stock on my rifle. Do I need to do any light sanding before painting it? </div></div>

The most over looked under appreciated paint out there for firearms is
Krylon 1400 degree Bar-B-Que paint. Nice OD Green, Brown and Black. Tougher than camo Krylon and can use it on the barrel.

De-grease with brake cleaner or alcohol, scuff with Scotch Brite pad first and then spray. Place somewhere warm for 3-4 days to dry well and your done. Repeat as necessary.

Until that day,
Darkop