• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes New PFI Rapid Reticle scope!

Fatelvis

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2003
Mokena, IL
I don't know how many of you are fans of the Pride Fowler Rapid Reticle scopes like I am, but in a recent discussion via email with their Vice Pres, he informed me that soon they are coming out with a new line of scopes, and the RR800 series is discontinued....
The new scopes generally follow the expensive mil-spec RR-900 series ($1900), but at a much lower cost. The new scopes, according to Mr. Nguyen, have better glass than the 800 series, 3-12X40, Illuminated reticle, rapid reticle and ranging (brackets subtend at 18") design..... All for $349-$399 retail! He had a sample in his hands as he wrote, and he said he was very pleased with it.This will be perfect for my M1A rig.
I was about to buy a RR800-2 but am glad I wrote to him! I'll give a thorough review of this low cost ballistic-reticle scope when I get my hands on one!

I was looking over the specs for this and just wanted to throw my 2 cents in. The reticle is thicker than the rr-800 series to compensate for thinner tube/less light making it through. the product is now made in China , rather than Japan. While the glass they're using is "better", i'd prefer something made in Japan over anything China made any day. the paralax for focus is on the front of the scope, which is awkward. they did this to incorporate illuminated reticle, but its really the "cheap" way of doing things.

Now, with all this being said, i think its still untouchable at the $349 - $399 price. However, I opted to go for the rr-900 series, as I really want to have a high(er) end optic on my Rem 700 AAC-SD .308.

I received my PF 300 BLK scope last Monda. It came with a pair of 30mm rings, lens cloth, instructions, a nylon PF Reticle shooting glass case, bumper sticker, and coupon for $25 off next scope purchase. PF has alot of employees who are former LEO/Mil. They gave me a discounted rate with ID. I haven't mounted the scope yet and tested it but initial impression seems quite nice.