• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

New RAD TAC Latch for the Badger M5

Re: New RAD TAC Latch for the Badger M5

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd be in for a few. Any chance they'd fit Surgeon bottom metal? </div></div>

Nope, Surgeon is a totally different design.

Had a chance to shoot with the new latch last weekend. It works great. I havnt had any issues with the badger latch but this is a nice option. It's easy to engage from either side and it doesn't take as much pressure as I thought it would. You can literally just drop your finger off of the trigger and release the mag. I like it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KnabstrupperUSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i want one where do i send money and how much?</div></div>

$24.95, Call Randy and order it www.rdprecision.net

They are easy to install and work well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good Randy. Wonder how close CDI bottom metal is to the M5 and if this would fit properly? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It wouldn't fit</div></div>
Damn.
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HateCA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a RAD TAC Latch for the Badger DM and was designed in conjunction with my new soon to be released, entirely new bottom metal. (Both are Patented Pending #4800-002)
</div></div>
Randy,
How about some teaser photos of the new bottom metal?

Cheers,

DC

If you are unsure if this is the way to go on your M5 bottom metal you can't afford not to give it a try. I feel pretty sure that the old latch will not go back on the gun. This lacth went on easy with no fitting required. The fit and finish are very nice with just enough of a gap between the parts to insure smooth operation without too much room to collect dust and debri. I shoot left handed and I found this latch to work really well without having to change my grip. The magazines dropped free with no snags and locked up tight when inserted in the magazine well. A nice improvement over the original latch and I really like that the opportunity for an accidental magazine dump has been greatly reduced. Randy and R&D Precision are great to deal with as well. I highly recommend this upgrade.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: platypus</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I feel pretty sure that the old latch will not go back on the gun. </div></div>

You do mean by this that you are pretty sure that the user will like the new latch so much that they will not be inclined to put the old one back on, not that the old latch once removed cannot be reinstalled correct?

Just clarifying, I read it and thought "why wouldn't I be able to go back if I wanted to?"

Mine is at my friend's house and I need to track him down so I can install it asap!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: platypus</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I feel pretty sure that the old latch will not go back on the gun. </div></div>

You do mean by this that you are pretty sure that the user will like the new latch so much that they will not be inclined to put the old one back on, not that the old latch once removed cannot be reinstalled correct?

Just clarifying, I read it and thought "why wouldn't I be able to go back if I wanted to?"

Mine is at my friend's house and I need to track him down so I can install it asap! </div></div>

You can go back anytime you like. No alterations to the bottom metal at all.

Good to know.

I sent my check in for a latch and one of the new brakes. Can't wait to try both out.

Randy,
Any chance you might know if your latch will fit the Remington 700P MLR/338? It uses a Badger copy DBM manuf. by Accurate.
I know its a long shot...

-T

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I caught myself twice going for the bar in front of the trigger guard yesterday... I have to fight my muscle memory now.
smile.gif
</div></div>

That's interesting-muscle memory is half of why I got it; I run a Seekins with the AR style side release on one rifle and the M5 on the other-now I can train to run both with my trigger finger!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrtoyz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Randy,
Any chance you might know if your latch will fit the Remington 700P MLR/338? It uses a Badger copy DBM manuf. by Accurate.
I know its a long shot...

-T </div></div>

If it's the bottom metal I've seen on that rifle the latch won't work. The bottom metal isn't an exact copy of the Badger.

From what I've been told, Remington has used 2 different DBM's for the 338/MLR.
This is the newest version made by Accurate.
85885808.jpg

Remington700MLR338Lapua005.jpg

-T

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrtoyz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From what I've been told, Remington has used 2 different DBM's for the 338/MLR.
This is the newest version made by Accurate.
85885808.jpg

Remington700MLR338Lapua005.jpg

-T </div></div>

That's the one I'm familiar with and the latch won't work on that version.

Randy, Just a quick note and thanks for a really sweet upgrade. Got my two latches in the mail today and they are installed....5 minute deal. Bullet proof design!!