• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New RF bino from Vectronix!!! Vector X

There is a new podcast over Science of Accuracy that seems to cover AB devices like sig 10k, vector-x and calypso wind meter…

Last edited:
I realize they removed the blue tint but how was the glass quality?

IMHO, it's the same. Just not blue.
Not to derail but there’s still some blue in the sigs. Looked at them this weekend. It isn’t nearly as bad, but look through each barrel individually with only 1 eye open and you’ll see it. It was super obvious looking at the top edge of a berm where it met with the skyline this past weekend.

Reactions: NiteQwill
Not to derail but there’s still some blue in the sigs. Looked at them this weekend. It isn’t nearly as bad, but look through each barrel individually with only 1 eye open and you’ll see it. It was super obvious looking at the top edge of a berm where it met with the skyline this past weekend.
A pair of Gen2 10k's are on their way to me. Anyone else have a pair yet?

I will wait for what @Lowlight will say about those but for now, PRS use, I am on SIG 3k+kestrel5700e. Possible upgrades I see for me are
1. sig 10k ( keeping the 5700 as wind sensor)
2. Vector-x and then maybe calypso to get an ‘automated’ wind vector)
3. Swaro el range 10x42 to help my old eyes ( and still the kestrel as Ab engine)

IMG_1278.jpeg

What do I have here …

Are we opting for the 10x or 12x assuming range extenders?
depends. Hunting and do-it-all maybe 10x, PRS IMHO 12x with dual reticle is the way to go, a nice all-in-one (ranging&spotting) solution at least.
as AB engine platform, again it boils down to what you want to do (kestrel or calypso or your beard) to establish a wind 'baseline' measurement, before all the vudoo.

Reactions: camocorvette
Test units are barely arriving to users in the US. At this rate, I doubt any early preorders will receive theirs in August.

Are we opting for the 10x or 12x assuming range extenders?
I'm likely getting the 10's. With extenders, 14x42 will have a relatively small exit pupil and the 16.8x42 will have a considerably smaller exit pupil. For the vast majority of binos out there, once you get above ~12x, you want to be looking at 50 or 56 mm objectives for most uses.

For me, even in good lighting conditions, I think I'd have much more eye strain with 12's + extenders. But as mentioned by someone else, I'm looking for a more general use bino with the 10x42 being used the majority of the time, and extenders used pretty infrequently & in good lighting conditions. I'll want to be able to sit and stare through these for hours at a time if needed.

I'd say think about how you are going to use these for 80 - 90% of the time, and buy accordingly. Don't let the 10% dictate.

Big Jim Is getting the 10x with doublers and I have the 12x with doublers

it includes the RRS Mount and the Area419
The Vector X's arrived today. I was hoping to get a look at them but then the AC sprung a leak and derailed my plans. Now it is 4 am and I just finished cleaning up the worst of that mess. Hopefully, I will get to take a look at them tomorrow and see what is in all those little individual black packets. I can't resist posting this though. This velcro patch was the first thing to slide out of what I think is the media kit documentation pouch. Its definitely going on the velcro patch on the bino case.
2024 6 29 chicken dance.jpg

Last edited: