• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Sig Spear in 6.8mm

Vynz

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2022
Alabama, United States
The new version is missing the forward assist, but the big reveal was 6.8mm 113gr “contract over run practice ammo” for only $2,400 a case.

Ok, I did a bit of digging and found 460 rounds of 6.8x51 in a metal ammo crate listed at just over $1200. I’ve also seen two military ammo boxes, bundled together, listed as a “case.” 920 rounds plus 2 ammo boxes for $2400 is pricey, but not ludicrous. At least, not when 6.5 creedmoor can be found at $40+ per 20.

Ok, I did a bit of digging and found 460 rounds of 6.8x51 in a metal ammo crate listed at just over $1200. I’ve also seen two military ammo boxes, bundled together, listed as a “case.” 920 rounds plus 2 ammo boxes for $2400 is pricey, but not ludicrous. At least, not when 6.5 creedmoor can be found at $40+ per 20.
This isn’t even the 6.8mm 130gr military super bullet NGSW was based around - it’s 113gr practice ammo. Also by emphasizing practice rounds I’m not even certain they are loaded to the same pressures as the god stuff despite the hybrid case.

Also here: https://ammoseek.com/ammo/6.5mm-creedmoor?ikw=Eld-m

120gr ELD-M 6.5 creedmoor for about $1.28 a round. Not the best BC but better than a 113gr 6.8mm with unknown velocities for practice.

Of all the Sig Next announcements this one has me scratching my head the most; and they also released a 4.3” barreled P365 “Fuse” at this event for context.

IMG_6186.png

~$2/round isn’t great, but is way better than “$2400 per case” would suggest…

Reactions: Vynz
This isn’t even the 6.8mm 130gr military super bullet NGSW was based around - it’s 113gr practice ammo. Also by emphasizing practice rounds I’m not even certain they are loaded to the same pressures as the god stuff despite the hybrid case.

Also here: https://ammoseek.com/ammo/6.5mm-creedmoor?ikw=Eld-m

120gr ELD-M 6.5 creedmoor for about $1.28 a round. Not the best BC but better than a 113gr 6.8mm with unknown velocities for practice.

Of all the Sig Next announcements this one has me scratching my head the most; and they also released a 4.3” barreled P365 “Fuse” at this event for context.
Everything I've read says the US range ammo is lower velocity.

Reactions: Vynz
I'm not planning on touching the caliber for anything other than resizing spent cases to .308 and 6.5CM for fun times until there's more than just sig making the ammo.

I think we'll see more companies making guns for the caliber and more manufacturers, but it'll take time.

I do find the cartridge interesting from the perspective that it might open up some good options for us in the lightweight and short bolt action world, much the same as can be achieved with Arc/Grendel now, but significantly more ass and a heavier bullet.