• Today we celebrate America. Happy 4th!

Thank you to all the vets and Americans out there and if you were a vet, share your stories below! We're also offering a 15% discount on all subscriptions with code AMERICA24

Share your story Subscribe

Rifle Scopes New Super Sniper from SWFA - Here

Re: New Super Sniper from SWFA - Here

Here are the dimensions of the three Super Snipers I have: original 10x42, new 10x42HD and 3-9x42

10x42HD 10x42 3-9x42
Overall Lengh, in 13.5 14 13.1
Mounting Length, in 5.7 5.75 5.9
Eyepiece to turret, in 2.1 1.9 2.5
Turret to objective bell, in 2.25 2.7 2.25
Eyepiece length, in 3.25 3.5 3.7
Eyepiece Diameter, in 1.74 1.8 1.64
Objective Bell Diameter, in 1.95 1.95 1.95

ILya

Summary,

These scopes are dead nutz on target, they are the right size and features and address the "Under $1000 decision" in an outstanding way.

You see it in the reticle and dial it, the round hits exactly where you want it too.

The clarity is excellent, as the scope has been moved to a new company for SWFA and they are producing a well made product at a reasonable price. Edge to edge clarity is first rate, there no issue with eye relief as it's quite forgiving.

The size is perfect for an SPR type rifle or even a hunting rifle and will work on your tactical rig for an entry level scope. I have the 10X HD on a light tactical bolt action and really like the way it looks on the rig. The parallax for the 10X is where the power ring is for the 3-9X so you have a similar set up.

I just shot the rifle out to 800 and it's flawless, dial on my dope, hold for the wind and it hits in the middle. No trying to figure out why my dope isn't right.

The 3-9X on the Mk11 worked great. The training continued the soldier had confidence in the optic so everything worked out perfect from the use and abuse standpoint. In fact the soldier was part of a 3 way tie for top gun --- no issues.

All of the Super Snipers are rated up to 50 BMG so I dont think it would be any problem at all. I just got in the 10x HD with 1/10 mil clicks. The HD is supposed to be even tougher than the 3-9x42 but quite frankly I really like the variable. Where the 10x HD will be better is at longer distances like 600 on out because it has adjustable parallax and the vairable does not.
The variable was designed for a squad designated marksman so its built tough as nails. One of the two Super Sniper Variable 3-9x42 that I have is on a 300 Win Mag the other is on a .308 R5 mil spec.

I took my 3-9x42 hunting in some pretty tough conditions this weekend. Huge amount of rain, hail and even a little snow, the ss got totally drenched but functioned perfectly and cleaned up without problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chevyrulz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how does this new variable SS compare with the Falcon Menace FFP 4-14x44?

is it really worth the extra $200? </div></div>

Owning both I will say the SS has better glass that is for sure. It is even an improvement in clarity over the old 10M SS i owned before the new 3x9.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chevyrulz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how does this new variable SS compare with the Falcon Menace FFP 4-14x44?

is it really worth the extra $200? </div></div>

I have had both and I would say the SS is better in all areas if you don't need the extra magnification.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sosicmcise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What range is the Parallax set for on the 3-9X42mm? Cant find anything on their website about it.

Thanks </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">250 yards, I think. </span>

The soldier who shot the 3-9X42 shot it out to 1000 and I shot it out to 800 and both of us commented on how there was no issue with the parallax, in fact he was quite surprised by the fact, and checked it over and over to be sure he was seeing it right.

its very good for a fixed system.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinTM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For those thinking about picking up a 10x HD, those for sale at SWFA are 200 units added on to a special contract and there is no plan at the present time for a second run per Chris Farris about half way down the page on the thread below.

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17793&PN=1 </div></div>

So in this post he said that they "may not" be offered after this 200 is gone. Certainly if this scope is as good as I think that it is they are going to make more of them. Right? I can't stand the thought of not being able to buy one of these things for my next rifle, but since I just bought my second 10X42M and a $850 dog (thats a different story) It will be awhile before I can get one of these.

So the question for SWFA is are you guys going to make these for a bit? Please say yes, and then I'll order one and a 3-9 for my .22 trainer.

Jeremiah

My understanding is that Chris added a few to a very large military order and that unless there is another large military order for the same thing no more of them are expected. I just got one the other day and now that I got it to the range today I'm thinking I should have bought two of the HD. and that is on top of already having two of the variable models.

10HD2.JPG

10HD3.JPG

Warranty Information?

Does anyone have warranty information on this scope? I looked on the SWFA web site and I don't see it listed. It would help to know the time period or conditions listed for the warranty before I take the leap.

Re: Warranty Information?

If it fails, it will be replaced, no questions asked! I had been looking at the 3-9 and after reading the beginning of this thread I drove to SWFA and bought one for a 6.5 Grendel. I asked about the warranty and was told it will be replaced.....period.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks like a good scope for my M1A
smile.gif

</div></div>

The 3-9x42 has seen a lot of time on M14 DM rifles and was actually over built in some areas to handle the extra abuse that M14s are notorious for dishing out to scopes.

What mount do you plan to use?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SS39X42 = 3.5"

SS10X42HD = 3.75" </div></div>

Website says per
http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-3-9x42-Tactical-Riflescope-P41044.aspx
http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-10x42-Tactical-Riflescope-P42527.aspx

SS39X42 Eye Relief (mm): 105 - 77 (4.13-3.03 in.)

SS10X42HD Eye Relief (in): 4

"close enuff for horseshoes, hand grenades, and out to 600 yards" as we say around these parts. I just can't decide which one to get.

If it is comparable to a $1500 scope, does it mean the $1500 scopes have HD glass?

Does it have ED glass or is it just a cleared version of the SS?

Is it as good, resolution and contrast, as a fixed power Mark-4?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The soldier who shot the 3-9X42 shot it out to 1000 and I shot it out to 800 and both of us commented on how there was no issue with the parallax, in fact he was quite surprised by the fact, and checked it over and over to be sure he was seeing it right.

its very good for a fixed system. </div></div> Do you think that the reason is because number one, its a low magnification and number two, an FFP? I mean, would that have anything to do with it?
What Im getting at is, are FFP scopes more forgiving on parallax?

I have the 10 power HD on a .300 winmag that is still awaiting a muzzle brake, and no problems with it holding up to that beast so far. Love the SS to date, and it seems to be all the scope, and more, of others I see on the range that are twice the price.