• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

New Tactical 1-Piece for my USO

Re: New Tactical 1-Piece for my USO

Thanks, Well its pouring down at the moment, and blowing a gale
smile.gif

Its a .308 on a unique alpine.

Andy

Thanks, the images don't do it justice really, there is also a bubble in the front ring, but I just banged them on for the pics still got to position and secure it properly yet.

Hi.

The mount is a 3rd-eye tactical made on a 5-axis from 7075Al, it also has a level indicator in the front. The rifle is a Unique-alpine TPG-1, with a RS-50 bi-pod.

Any more questions happy to oblige
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VSOP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I looked at the pics on the site and looks like a sweet setup. </div></div>

thanks, I held out for the USO
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VSOP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I grabbed a PH 5-25x56 because of the limited 1 piece mounts for the tpal. Nice to see some options for the US Optics. Are you using the 35mm tube? </div></div>

Yeah, I had my eye on a Heritage, but i'm a USO fan, irrespective of any other offerings from other scope-makers just wish they had a bigger presence over here in the UK. The scope is a 34mm tube.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: apjohnson73</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VSOP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I grabbed a PH 5-25x56 because of the limited 1 piece mounts for the tpal. Nice to see some options for the US Optics. Are you using the 35mm tube? </div></div>

Yeah, I had my eye on a Heritage, but i'm a USO fan, irrespective of any other offerings from other scope-makers just wish they had a bigger presence over here in the UK. The scope is a 34mm tube.

</div></div>

Hope they make a 35mm version, if I get the USO the 35mm tube has more travel than the 30 and 34mm. But since its offered in 34mm it would work perfect with my PH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VSOP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: apjohnson73</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VSOP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I grabbed a PH 5-25x56 because of the limited 1 piece mounts for the tpal. Nice to see some options for the US Optics. Are you using the 35mm tube? </div></div>

</div></div>

Hope they make a 35mm version, if I get the USO the 35mm tube has more travel than the 30 and 34mm. But since its offered in 34mm it would work perfect with my PH</div></div>

yeah, nice mounts, the guy that makes them works about 5 mins down the road from me :)but i'm a big fan of the Spuhr mounts as well . The 35mm tube is not a popular configuration in the UK, seems S&B / Swaro and Zeiss are the most popular.

That action uses a hammer instead of a striker? weird!

<-- Is the safety mechanism on the rifle, optional trigger positioned safety available.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powermac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That action uses a hammer instead of a striker? weird!

<-- Is the safety mechanism on the rifle, optional trigger positioned safety available. </div></div>

The Safety is on the rear of the bolt, can be a little difficult to to remember which is live, I keep meaning to paint a red dot on it.