• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

New Tikka T3x .223 Varmint with MPA BA LIte Side Folding Chassis from Patriot Valley Arms

jlow

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2010
Yip Josh Kunz got me this new MasterPiece Arms chassis exactly on the date that he promised me – Thanks Josh!

The Pros - This thing is really sweet with a beautiful finish, easy two screw assembly. I love the light weight 3.5 lb chassis that resulted in a 14 lb rifle, basically a little more than 1 lb heavier than with the original Tikka polymer stock (can you believe that???). Cheek/LOP adjustments were easy but confident building as each is held by 4 set screws. The package worked out of the box with my polymer MDT .223 mags which allows bullets seated long without any adjustments (my BIGGEST original fear…). Did I say I love the folder and the rotating barricade stop ….

The Cons – very little. The MDT mags could feed slightly smoother but I suspect this will happen as I use them more and if I polish the inside of the feed lips a little. The polymer mags rattle a little in the chassis but hey if they feed reliably I will take that any day.

I honestly held back for too long buying this, but in the end, this is everything I hoped for. DSC_4037s.jpgDSC_4035s.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_4034s.jpg
    DSC_4034s.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC_4036s.jpg
    DSC_4036s.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC_4036s.jpg
    DSC_4036s.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC_4036s.jpg
    DSC_4036s.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 80
Very nice!! It looks like a great rifle. Post some results once you have a chance to shake it out.
It's kind of crazy because this original rifle is like the cheapest gun I have, cheaper than my competition pistols, but these Tikka really shoots. With their polymer stock and Berger 80.5 grain Full Bore, this thing was shooting in the twos and threes and hitting an F-class X-ring at 600 yards, it's taking me away from my AI AT...... :) And to think this thing started as a trainer... Well, it's still a trainer! :)
DSC_4038s.jpg

Last edited:
Swamp Rat has hit it dead center! That Tikka was not threaded and so... The Witt Machine clamp on brake is easy on and works GREAT!

Yep, my buds and have been using these brakes the last few months. They work great and no need to pay the $100 extra + down time to get the barrel threaded. Put one on my .750" 6mmFatRat barrel.

Nice build there OP! That's the direction I'm pointing one of those friends to go.

Yep, my buds and have been using these brakes the last few months. They work great and no need to pay the $100 extra + down time to get the barrel threaded. Put one on my .750" 6mmFatRat barrel.

Nice build there OP! That's the direction I'm pointing one of those friends to go.

Was out shooting steel yesterday on a beautiful day. With an NF NSX 8-32 at full power, the recoil was only able to move my sight only very slightly off target with the Witt Machine Clamp on brake, like a million time better than an old Surfire brake I had many years ago. I am just amazed what a good deal and great performing brake this is and you barely ever hear about it....

thanks for the heads up on the witt clamp on brake

and BTW do you have a favorite recipe for the Berger 80.5 grain Full Bore? I still have a bunch of the 77g smk's but may give the 80's a try.