• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

New to the board

Fig

Tenor in the howler choir
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2018
The Most Dangerous City in the USA
I've browsed posts here for a long time. I was at a Border Wars match last weekend and was complaining about their use of Facebook. Two guys in my squad said I should register on SH.

Really, I don't understand why MOST, Border Wars, and a lot of other rifle leagues do everything by Facebook, which I consider idiotic, anti-2ndA, and dangerous. I can't say or post a single thing on it, because I'm in business and a thousand people will see it. I'm a gun nut, and love shooting, but I also want the money of the hoplophobs and communists, as well as the opportunity to get government contracts. Keeping a low profile is not some style thing. It is a business necessity. Probably 80% of my clients and business' are decision makers who live in the real world (hence are conservatives). Knowing I'm a Classical Liberal extremist and a gun nut is not going to hurt me terribly, but why should I hurt my business at all?

I was reloading and shooting at my father's elbow since about 8yo. I'm in the middle of middle age now, but as everything else declines I feel like my marksmanship keeps getting better. This will be my first full year of competing in tactical steel and PRS style matches. I had a rifle built over the winter. I am not good. I am slow, and if I try to rush I'm not accurate, but I am improving quickly, and practicing every chance I get. My scores have been going up every match.

I am a veteran of the USN. I was a QM2, a SAR swimmer, and a boarding team leader (many moons ago). I am a captain and was a scuba instructor for a few years after the Nav in the USVI. I got that out of my system, and started working in telecom and real estate related businesses which I have been doing since. I used to be young and interesting. Now I'm old and boring.

Hopefully I have something to contribute.