Night Vision New Voodoo-MX & Voodoo-R

1705952170902.png

That's kind of nuts for a handheld thermal

I'd prefer the LRF / solver on my rifle so it works during the day as well, but some people seem to think differently. If I have all of that in a clip-on, might as well just use that unit as the dedicated sight

Just throwing it out there that I’ve changed my mind here a bit… integrating into a single unit makes a lot of sense and daytime range may be simply done with a bino / LRF combo.

Curious if anyone has played with the MX?

Just throwing it out there that I’ve changed my mind here a bit… integrating into a single unit makes a lot of sense and daytime range may be simply done with a bino / LRF combo.

Curious if anyone has played with the MX?
If I recall correctly ST42 posted that he has an MX

Reactions: rlsmith1
😂 Yep, it is true. If fact I used it three days ago and spanked a yote at 472 yards. Dope was perfect.
Well spill the beans on how it works!! How do you like it compared to a WMLRF / clip-on solution? Both seem to have strengths and tradeoffs. Does the MX have IR lasers onboard or just an LRF?

I'm suddenly now realizing that this is the Voodoo-MX with that big objective:
1728336345432.png

And this is the Voodoo-R:
1728336356252.png

So the R is basically a Voodoo-S with LRF and AB?

This thing is pretty cool. The cost difference is the same as buying a MARS-LC in terms of having just a Voodoo MX versus a Voodoo ML/MARS. I looked at getting one but ended up with the separate WMLRF instead.

At the time I also did not know it would include AB. That would have potentially changed the decision.

Reactions: rlsmith1 and BurtG
I'm suddenly now realizing that this is the Voodoo-MX with that big objective:
View attachment 8519384

And this is the Voodoo-R:
View attachment 8519385

So the R is basically a Voodoo-S with LRF and AB?

I spoke with one of the Voodoo guys last spring (nice guy) and he said the R was a 50mm unit. I asked him kindly for a 50mm clip on and he kindly said no plans at that time haha