Suppressors NFA Trust for FL residents only $250

AJB

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 30, 2007
South Florida
Just had this attorney do my trust for $250. He is very quick and extremely cheap. Any other FL residents who have interest his name is Randall Baad out of Islamorada down here in the Keys. He specializes in Class 3 trusts. The only other guy I know of here is $600 out of Jacksonville.

I know down here in South Florida no local dept will sign off on this, hope this can help the rest of you out.

Law Office of Randall Baad, P.A.

89240 Overseas Hwy,Suite 6

Tavernier, FL 33070

Tel: 305-396-7267

Fax: 305-396-7269

Re: NFA Trust for FL residents only $250

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">we need a SH group buy </div></div>
this +1

Yeah that's apple for $600. I was about to go through him until a guy at my shop told me about this guy. I don't know if he only does it for FL residents but from talking to him it sounded like that's how he does it.

Pretty sure its 600 to cover both lawyers. One for Apple to draft it, then another payment to your local lawyer if you are out of FL.

Not sure why they would double charge a FL resident.... you should look into that. Ill spend 600 before I would risk having my Trust determined as ineligible and void. Then your in some real doo doo.

OK, when I got here all the shops said there is only one place that does it, and they charge 600. I looked up apple briefly and thought it was 600 for all of us. Either way, this Baad guy is good, and did mine in two days for me.

I had a great experience with Apple Law Firm. They had my trust done with the info I provided for them, and proof read by my local lawyer in under 5 days. That impressed the hell out of me.

The guy in Jacksonville who charges $600 advertises, so he's well known, but I have heard horror stories about his Trust's from my SOT, mostly they were being kicked back by the NFA Division. However any Estate Attorney can draft one. I had mine drafted by a local attorney in Jacksonville who frequents my SOT, he is also on retainer to represents LWRCI. We bartered for the Trust, 2 boxes of SSA .499 for it. Cost me about $75.00.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The guy in Jacksonville who charges $600 advertises, so he's well known, but I have heard horror stories about his Trust's from my SOT, mostly they were being kicked back by the NFA Division. However any Estate Attorney can draft one. I had mine drafted by a local attorney in Jacksonville who frequents my SOT, he is also on retainer to represents LWRCI. We bartered for the Trust, 2 boxes of SSA .499 for it. Cost me about $75.00. </div></div>

I dont believe that for one minute. Your saying because he does some advertising his trusts are being sent back by the NFA?!
crazy.gif
The people at Apple, mainly Jennifer Wheat, were very professional and hard working. Plus there is no reason for it to get "kicked back" when your local state lawyer reviews it and checks it against state laws. Mine was checked twice and rewritten once to better reflect what I needed out of it.

Im well covered on the trust...... it's rock solid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FF0000">The guy in Jacksonville who charges $600 advertises, so he's well known</span>, <span style="color: #6600CC">but I have heard horror stories about his Trust's from my SOT, mostly they were being kicked back by the NFA Division</span>. However any Estate Attorney can draft one. I had mine drafted by a local attorney in Jacksonville who frequents my SOT, he is also on retainer to represents LWRCI. We bartered for the Trust, 2 boxes of SSA .499 for it. Cost me about $75.00. </div></div>

I dont believe that for one minute. Your saying because he does some advertising his trusts are being sent back by the NFA?!
crazy.gif
The people at Apple, mainly Jennifer Wheat, were very professional and hard working. Plus there is no reason for it to get "kicked back" when your local state lawyer reviews it and checks it against state laws. Mine was checked twice and rewritten once to better reflect what I needed out of it.

Im well covered on the trust...... it's rock solid. </div></div>

What are you talking about? How does the fact that a company advertises, have any basis on whether or not the NFA Division accepts a document. Is that really what you read into that? The two statements were describing two seperate things, and only joined by a coordinating conjuction, specifically the word <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">but</span></span> to form a compound sentence. The fact that I had heard of Trusts being kicked back by the NFA has no relationship to the degree of advertising a company does. In furtherance, I specifically did not name the company, because the information I heard was from a third party and not personal experiance.

Whether the NFA accepts the document or not should be of little concern.

Whether the trust is valid under the laws of your state, on the other hand, seems like a critical question when the penalties are so severe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FF0000">The guy in Jacksonville who charges $600 advertises, so he's well known</span>, <span style="color: #6600CC">but I have heard horror stories about his Trust's from my SOT, mostly they were being kicked back by the NFA Division</span>. However any Estate Attorney can draft one. I had mine drafted by a local attorney in Jacksonville who frequents my SOT, he is also on retainer to represents LWRCI. We bartered for the Trust, 2 boxes of SSA .499 for it. Cost me about $75.00. </div></div>

crazy.gif

Im well covered on the trust...... it's rock solid. </div></div>

What are you talking about? How does the fact that a company advertises, have any basis on whether or not the NFA Division accepts a document. Is that really what you read into that? The two statements were describing two seperate things, and only joined by a coordinating conjuction, specifically the word <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">but</span></span> to form a compound sentence. The fact that I had heard of Trusts being kicked back by the NFA has no relationship to the degree of advertising a company does. In furtherance, I specifically did not name the company, because the information I heard was from a third party and not personal experiance.

</div></div>

Read it out loud to yourself. Sounds like you are implying you have heard horror stories about his (Apple) trusts from your SOT. That they are being kicked back by the ATF... ok, why? Its third wheel knowledge but I generally take everything I hear in a gunshop with a grain of salt. Of the numerous people that I know that have used Apple's services, they are all having zero problems. This is exactly how bad reps are started on good companies.

Ok he advertises, and is well know. So what? Does that make him a bad lawyer and does it affect his work? No.

Thats what Im saying.... no more no less.

Funny, how rumors start from local gunshops. I would venture to say there is a motive behind the BS. Matter of fact from experience with the Apple Firm I call total BS on the garbage talk about their trusts.

Mine and others were reviewed by one of the most prominent trust lawyers in our state. And our trust laws are a little more difficult than most, and there was not a single issue or correction needed.

Much less have I had any issues with BATFE, nonetheless, just because ATF approves your 50.00 trust for a suppressor doesn't mean it fully qualifies with your states trust laws.

Don't believe me, just get caught once!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You should stop inferring things into other's posts. </div></div>

You should stop spreading gun shop gossip....

I agree with Dagsta.
Apple Law Firm is top notch when it comes to Trust documents.

@Powdreburns

Just wanted to spread the knowledge. Also If your looking for a local shop to buy a can from give Kiffney's Firearms a call. I called just about everyone from central FL to the Keys who are Class 3 on my AAC can they were 300 bucks cheaper.

Having lived as a part time resident of FL and PA, and spoken to lawyers in both states, I think having a NFA lawyer draft your trust is an EXTREMELY good idea. Most, if not all, trusts written by lawyers will be tailored to the state that they practice in. This can be important because some states have nuances in their trust law that Quicken just doesn't address that can end up screwing the NFA owner or trustees.

Case in point; In PA, unless the right is specifically waived by the Grantors spouse, that person has right to 1/3 of the trust property upon the death of the grantor. So let’s say you establish a trust with your son as sole trustee so he can have all of your NFA goodness. That son is from a 1st marriage but your new wife and son don't get along. You die. Now the wife can force the issue and either take 1/3 of the property or force the liquidation to collect on "her" inheritance. Also because there are several NFA specific issues, mostly related to possession and interstate transport, the trust should be tailored to address these. Bet quicken doesn't tell you that.