• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s NFL... no way

ZLBubba

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2009
Maryland
Here's an interesting article about a dude wiser than his years: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...akes-rare-pass-on-invitation?urn=ncaaf,225516

I'm impressed that this guy has the maturity to step back and realize that he may get a few good years in the NFL, at best, before his body breaks down and he has to live like the rest of us. He went to college on his athletic talent and focused on his education... pretty damn smart if you ask me.

Re: NFL... no way

I went to school with a guy who got drafted by the NFL, he played for 4 or 5 years but while he was in college he hit the books hard and got a 4.0. After the NFL he started an investment company and now manages the money of a lot of NFL and other pro sports players.

Re: NFL... no way

One of my best friend's brother-in-laws played lineman for the Philly Eagles. He only had about 4 or 5 years in the league before he needed yet another knee surgery and now, I don't even think he's in the NFL anymore. I don't think he hit the books very hard either, but I hope he did for his family's sake. Just goes to show you aren't young forever, and you've always got to have your alternate and contingency plans.