• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes nighforce 4-14 SHV f1 ffp series

sheepdog697

RegionRat
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 26, 2017
    Cedar Lake, IN
    www.ibew.com
    Anyone have any experience with these? I just picked one up on black friday. I was in the market for a 5700 elite kestrel, and their website had a deal that you got one free with any NF scope purchase. I ordered one, and it should be here in a few days. Just wondering if anyone on here has one, what they are using it for, and impressions. Thanks in advance.

I have this scope. Its pretty epic frankly. Great glass, good build, good features. If it were a 4-16 or a 5-20 and a 10mil knob it might be one I consider almost perfect.

I actually found this deal on nielsen kellerman official site. nkhome.com. They are sold out now. When i saw the deal i jumped on it (after i read it over 5 times making sure i did read it right). I ended up getting the SHV 4-14 f1 mil R and the 5700 elite with link for $1250 shipped.... pretty insane.

I have this scope. Its pretty epic frankly. Great glass, good build, good features. If it were a 4-16 or a 5-20 and a 10mil knob it might be one I consider almost perfect.

Since its a 5 mil knob do you use it on a gun that you keep under 5 mils? Or do you simply keep track of your revs? I watched a video online where the guy simply kept track since it have the "mechanical" ability of 27 mils?

The 5 mil NXS turrets have lines under the knob, so it's easy to keep track. When you have lines and a zero stop, it's quite usable.

It’s a great scope, just sold mine only to replace it with a premier.... I had a problem forgetting how many revs I would putt in it in matches but that’s my shortcoming not the scope. I started getting more warmed up to the retical by the time I sold it but other than that it’s a great optic especially on a hunting rifle

I use a 5-20 2fp on my 6.5x284 hunting rifle and I love it, got it used at a great price and I'm not getting rid of it anytime soon. I'm sure the 1fp scopes are just as good for someone who wants that feature.

I have the 4-14x56 SHV on my 6.5. I absolutely love the scope. Actually had a buddy take it with him a couple weeks ago to do a side by side comparison to his 56mm Swaro Z6 and was blown away by his thoughts. He's actually selling the Z6 to pick up an SHV. Tried talking him into an NXS so I can buy it used in a year or two

--only thing I'd like to do again is I'd go 5-25 instead of 4-14. I find myself wishing I had a little more magnification for how I use the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

originally i purchased the deal thinking i would just sell the scope, and in turn get a 5700 for around $250. However, after unboxing it today and my first impressions, i will be keeping the glass. Now i just need another rifle to put it on :). Thanks for the responses.