• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Night Force & LR-308

dartvidar

Private
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2010
I have planed to buy Night Force 5.5-22 x 56 NXS.
Do anyone know where i can get a good price on this scopes?

I will use the scope for long range shooting on a DPMS LR-308, and I will use the SASS High 4 Rail Free Float Tube Model: 308-FF-4SH. The rail on the hand guard will be in the same level as the rail on the upper receiver. What scop mount should I use for this scope on a LR-308? I like the Larue speed lever, do Larue have a scope mount who will fit for this scope and my rifle, or is it also other who have this speed lever system?

Re: Night Force & LR-308

EuroOptics had some decent prices - $1700 for their mil/mil ZS NF. Unless you have a need for 22x on a .308, that may be a bit much.... As for rings, you'll probably need extra high or ultra high, the Badgers would be a good bet. The LaRure mount is 1.500, so you should be able to get by with that, as the Badger UH are 1.400 on center. Regardless of what you get you'll need something high to clear that big Obj!

This site is covered with sponsors that can set you up.

Eurooptic
CS Tactical
Long Range Supply (not a site sponsor, but great guy to deal with)

There are others as well.

As for price, they are going to be the same on NF scopes due to restrictions from NF on the dealers. Some of them will compensate you in other ways, but the price will be the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dartvidar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have planed to buy Night Force 5.5-22 x 56 NXS.
Do anyone know where i can get a good price on this scoops?

I will use the scoop for long range shooting on a DPMS LR-308, and I will use the SASS High 4 Rail Free Float Tube Model: 308-FF-4SH. The rail on the hand guard will be in the same level as the rail on the upper receiver. What scoop mount should I use for this scoop on a LR-308? I like the Larue speed lever, do Larue have a scoop mount who will fit for this scoop and my rifle, or is it also other who have this speed lever system?
</div></div>

Where are you from?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 467</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dartvidar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have planed to buy Night Force 5.5-22 x 56 NXS.

I will use the scoop for long range shooting on a DPMS LR-308, and I will use the SASS High 4 Rail Free Float Tube Model: 308-FF-4SH. The rail on the hand guard will be in the same level as the rail on the upper receiver. What scoop mount should I use for this scoop on a LR-308? I like the Larue speed lever, do Larue have a scoop mount who will fit for this scoop and my rifle, or is it also other who have this speed lever system?
</div></div>

Where are you from? </div></div>

Tom-Vidar Berg comes up as Norway....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krecon1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 467</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dartvidar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have planed to buy Night Force 5.5-22 x 56 NXS.

</div></div>

Where are you from? </div></div>

Tom-Vidar Berg comes up as Norway.... </div></div>

Im located in Florida, even I comes up as Norway.
I will prefer a seller outside Florida, so I dont have to pay states tax.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krecon1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">EuroOptics had some decent prices - $1700 for their mil/mil ZS NF. <span style="text-decoration: underline">Unless you have a need for 22x on a .308,</span> that may be a bit much.... As for rings, you'll probably need extra high or ultra high, the Badgers would be a good bet. The LaRure mount is 1.500, so you should be able to get by with that, as the Badger UH are 1.400 on center. Regardless of what you get you'll need something high to clear that big Obj! </div></div>

Is 22X to much?? So whats recomended and why?
I was looking for a scoop I could also use for other rifles in the feature, thats why I was looking for the X22.

22X is not too much, if that scope has the features you want go for it. As for mounts I'm pretty sure a larue will work but I would call them first to make sure. 1.5" should be enough clearance but it might still be tight if you go to put a butler creek flip up on it.

edit: other scopes to consider are the IOR 3-18, Razor HD 5-20, Leupold M5 and USO SN3. I use an IOR on my LR308 and I like it a lot but to be honest the Nightforce and Razor HD are probably better choices. You could also look around for a used 3-15X Nightforce I have seen some fully loaded ones go cheap.

I did ask Larue about what mount they recommend me for the NF 5.5-22 x 56 NXS on a DPMS LR-308, with a SASS High 4 Rail Free Float with the rail in the same level as the rail on the upper receiver. This the answer:

You will be best suited with the LT158. It has 10 minutes of angle built in, to facilitate shots between 800 and 1000 yards.

Do this sounds OK, do anyone have experience with some similar projects. I’m new to long range scoop, so I have to be sure to not buy anything wrong.

Since you didnt catch my sarcasm and nobody else pointed it out to you. Your talking about a scope, not a scoop. A scoop is a type of shovel, or something a kid plays in a sandbox with. A scope is something you mount on a rifle. Just trying to help you out.

The SASS is an 18" is it not?

I have a 24" and an 18". I personally feel (if it is an 18") that an NF 5.5-22x56mm will be a little to much scope for an 18” LR-308. Also if you are running a 56mm on a straight rail your mounting option are going to be limited. I think you will have to run a 1.50” center height rings. I ran a Hensoldt 56mm with a 1.5” center height that had 22moa in the base and I had about 1/16” gap form the bell to the rail. Even if you run a scope with a 50mm you need a base with a center height of 1.375” ( this is the lowest) to a 1.5”. The ADM base will work for this setup.

We are also a NIGHTFORCE dealer.

Mike @ CS TACTICAL.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: idahoshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since you didnt catch my sarcasm and nobody else pointed it out to you. Your talking about a scope, not a scoop. A scoop is a type of shovel, or something a kid plays in a sandbox with. A scope is something you mount on a rifle. Just trying to help you out.</div></div>

Sorry my native language is not English, but I’m sure my English is better than your Norwegian ;-)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dartvidar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: idahoshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since you didnt catch my sarcasm and nobody else pointed it out to you. Your talking about a scope, not a scoop. A scoop is a type of shovel, or something a kid plays in a sandbox with. A scope is something you mount on a rifle. Just trying to help you out.</div></div>

Sorry my native language is not English, but I’m sure my English is better than your Norwegian ;-) </div></div>

Its ok bro.most of us know what you are talking about....

I have planed to buy Night Force 5.5-22 x 56 NXS.
Do anyone know where i can get a good price on this scopes?

I will use the scope for long range shooting on a DPMS LR-308, and I will use the SASS High 4 Rail Free Float Tube Model: 308-FF-4SH. The rail on the hand guard will be in the same level as the rail on the upper receiver. What scop mount should I use for this scope on a LR-308? I like the Larue speed lever, do Larue have a scope mount who will fit for this scope and my rifle, or is it also other who have this speed lever system?
Was your LR308 a slick side with the 1/2" thick tongue-extra tall rail like in this pic? If it is, do you have any pics of it with the quad-rail handguard on it? I know it's an old post but I am trying to track down a monolithic handguard for my slick side upper and would like to see a pic of one with the quad rail.

Attachments

• 20200903_190049.jpg
    20200903_190049.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 19