• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Nightforce NEW Mil-XT reticle

Oh you mean these?

IMG-1312.JPG

This is great news!
Last time I checked the Nightforce website it didn't have the ATACR 7-35 listed as having the MIL-XT.

Only real usage is I'd get out of a T3 are the wind dots...so it's looking like the MIL-XT for me sometime in my future...

I know but the question is if and when the upgrades will be offered
I emailed their customer service and got this response:

"Thank you for contacting Nightforce Optics. Unfortunately, we do not offer reticle service modifications on any FFP product. The ATACR F1 7-35 with the new MIL-XT, should start shipping between the end of this month and the first of February. Please let us know if we can further assist you."

The question I have (and I know there are other threads out there), is the 7-35 worth the price premium over the 5-25 for PRS-style shooting (non-ELR) where the typical magnification used is 12-18x ? I currently have a Gen2 Razor and don't know that I've ever been on 27x other than a prone KYL stage at 700+ yards.
I’ve owned all three and the great advantage to the 7-35 x56 other than the insane distances is that the optical parallax on this scope goes down to 10M!! Holy SHITE! If you wanted to use it on ELR and then switch it a .22 LR match gun where there are 1/2 inch targets at 25 yards u could no problem. Not bashing Vortex I love the company but I had two razor gen 2’s go south on me in one season so until they get their QC up I’ll stick with Kahles and NF. Additionally the Vortex is soooo heavy....

Its around $400+ for the 4-16 last time I called
I spoke with the guys at NF and they said there will be at least a year wait before they start changing reticles because they have focused all of their eggs onto,production at this time. Expect at least a year wait was what I was told by a certain specific employee I can ID by name if someone wants Confirmation

I emailed their customer service and got this response:

"Thank you for contacting Nightforce Optics. Unfortunately, we do not offer reticle service modifications on any FFP product. The ATACR F1 7-35 with the new MIL-XT, should start shipping between the end of this month and the first of February. Please let us know if we can further assist you."
That is correct. Do t expect anything for at least one year as NF is focusing hard on ramping up production.....

I caved, I couldn’t wait until April (when I was told the 4-16x42 mil xt would available). Went and got a 4-16x42 mil r today and I’ll just enjoy the scope and then sell it when these finally come out and swap over.
Can’t wait to see some proper reticle pictures voyager1.
I thought I’d hate the push button illumination but I really quite like it. Don’t have to come off the gun with my support hand just slide it rearward and reach up the thumb then slide the hand back forward. Actually works quite well.

Reactions: Voyager1
Congratulations my friend. As long as you don’t mount it like Rumpelstiltskin you will get most of your money back. These optics are really strong. try not to abuse it since it you have the mind of reselling it. Enjoy and I look forward to hearing about your adventures.
Cheers ??????

Reactions: thestacche
Since receiving the NF ATACR 7-35x56:MIL-XT I have found this optic to be the absolute best reticle NightForce has ever produced for the PRS style shooter. Today with the reticle subtentions it took me 6 rounds total to zero my optic at 100 yards.....one round at at 25 yards to ensure I was on paper then I let the MIL XT subtentions work there magic....5 rounds later and I had a sub MOA group. Absolutely thrilled with the new reticle and easily in the top (3) long range PRS Style shooting optics in 2019.......EASILY......
EE4BF723-F851-47EB-B34E-1700C5519ED4.jpeg
9C3AF009-382F-4C81-97B1-4DB89CED8AAB.jpeg

Since receiving the NF ATACR 7-35x56:MIL-XT I have found this optic to be the absolute best reticle NightForce has ever produced for the PRS style shooter. Today with the reticle subtentions it took me 6 rounds total to zero my optic at 100 yards.....one round at at 25 yards to ensure I was on paper then I let the MIL XT subtentions work there magic....5 rounds later and I had a sub MOA group. Absolutely thrilled with the new reticle and easily in the top (3) long range PRS Style shooting optics in 2019.......EASILY......View attachment 7018548View attachment 7018549 .

This thread has convinced me that I need another F1 5-25.