• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Nikon M-308

Firehouse

Private
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2012
Alabama
Anyone got their hands on one of these yet? I haven't located them anywhere and according to Nikon they began shipping them the end of September. Getting kinda frustrated as I have been looking for one for about 4 months.

Re: Nikon M-308

I hear ya guys. These are looooong awaited. But, I will say they are worth it. I had the chance to run a few on a shoot with Nikon out at Spirit Ridge in Utah.

Had one mounted on a ArmaLite AR10 that was a nail driver. Scope was a great compliment to the rifle. Had targets at 400, 500, and 600 yards. Loved the mag range, big fan of the 4-16x. The 308 BDC was flawless as well. Had the Spot On chart handy and it was like shooting fish in a barrel. That BDC 800 reticle really lets you stretch the 308 cartridge out and run it to its potential.

Always been a fan of the M223 line, and the M308 scope with its new reticle is another huge score. I know the wait is getting to everyone, but Nikon is doing everything they can to get them out.

If you have anymore questions on the M308, feel free to PM me.

Trevor B.

Trevor is right, I shot it as well at Spirit Ridge and it worked great. Heard they should be out soon. No idea of what the delay is. I can see if I can get a better date from Bart their Prostaff guy.

Fire, They are on the way! Chatted with a couple of guy's today who just got them. I know it's been a frustrating wait but like Brian and Trevor B. said,it'll be worth the wait. I think you'll start to see some good review's very soon. The guys I know who have rounds under this scope have done nothing but rave about it. I know a bunch of guy's who plan to put it on their bolt action rifles to, me being one of them!

Here's another pic of a buddies AR-10 with the M-308 Scope on it. Pretty nice weapon to start with then he added some special touches!

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/m-3084.jpg

That's a nice looking setup in the photo. I have a JP LRP-07 due any day now and I want one of those to outfit it with. I have been eyeballing the M-308 since I ordered the rifle in July. Thanks for the update.

That is one awesome setup. That rifle has a Geissele trigger and is a tac driver. I shot that rifle out to 700yds with that setup. I love the look of the OD green and black. Some nice choices I think I need one of them in the near future.

Firehouse, You shouyld start seeing the M-308 showing up at retailers and back orders being fulfilled. I have spoken with a few guy's who have received their Nikon M-308 4-16 and are very happy with them.
I guess good things come to those who wait....especially when it is delivered by a brown truck.

Pics of my last range day. DPMS .223 with the works and Nikon M-223 3-12 Rapid Action Turret.

That's 4 shots

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/Screenshot2012-10-17at34248PM.png