• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

North American Sniper Challenge After Action

Re: North American Sniper Challenge After Action

Maybe a little more in depth review
smile.gif

The points and time situation def. made things frustrating. Had a good time hanging out with old friends.

Congrats to San Diego for the win. Well done.

I did see one thing happen at this comp that I thought I would never see. Some assbag felt it necessary to fuck with another teams weapons before they shot. This team got to their last stage and quickly found out that someone had spun their windage knobs a full rev off and set it back to zero on both guns.

Absolutely makes me sick to my stomach.

No comp is ever exactly like you want it to be, but the down time was crazy. This was the most talented field of competitors that North American has seen, but I don't know how many will come back and that's a shame.

The gun tampering incident was completely wrong and it was good for whoever did it that they weren't caught in the act. I can't believe someone would do that to anybody, especially to two (2) of the nicest and most humble guys at the competition.

Welcome to the Hide Victor.

This year was easily the most talented field I have seen at this comp. It is good to see the level of competition go up. The quality of equipment was also eye opening. Many more gas guns, cans, and top of the line scopes were used this year.

I have been shooting this comp. since 2005. It is always a good time without the shooting, but unless things change for the better with MTOA, this was probably my last NASC. There are too many other matches that are willing to listen to the competitors.

As was previously stated, this year the competitors were top shelf. It was a non stop battle to the end. We started shooting this one in 2002 and have never seen the field so stacked with talent. It was a bad year to slip up even a little. We made a few bone headed mistakes that cost us dearly. I did not shoot my best, and as usual it was following instructions that got me.

I had a blast catching up with old friends, and hanging out with some new ones. My side still hurts from laughing so much. I'm still tickled by the "roid" story.

As for the tampering, I never thought it could happen in a group of guys like this. Snipers are a different bunch, we don't cheat, or tolerate such actions. I was asked to keep names out of the situation, and ask those that know to do so also. We don't want the douche(s) responsible to feel like they accomplished anything or muddy the water around the match. I am sure it was a personal vendetta, though I have no clue why. I can easily see why someone might do that to me....I make enemies as fast as friends ( I'm just so easily misunderstood!). But the victim's....NO. Salt of the earth guys with more talent in their pinkies than I will ever possess.

I will get some time here shortly to post a list of events and brief descriptions.

I have shot alot of comps over the last two years. I have a good friend that lost the International Comp 3 years ago do to someone turning a windage turret out. It's not as uncommon as you would think. Thats why we always have someone watching our guns. Chance

That's just wrong,

During matches I've asked permission many times to get behind a rifle to check out the feel of a stock or reticle - But never Finger Fuck Knobs

(unless you ask to feel how positive the clicks are or such & that's after a match or if they watch you,,, maybe a MOA or 2)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K Divers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As for the tampering, I never thought it could happen in a group of guys like this. Snipers are a different bunch, we don't cheat, or tolerate such actions. </div></div>

Until last week I would have agreed with you on this statement.
But after personally witnessing the cheating capabilities of some mega douche nut sucks I do not know if it can be applied across the group as a whole.

(Removed statement not productive for anyone involved)

I think the prize packages have gotten so big that people are coming to these events for the wrong reason.
First and foremost I am here to learn in an effort to better myself.
Shooting competitions are a lot like golf, the biggest obstacle is in your head.

Anyhow, I really enjoyed catching up with all of you sad sacks!

Really pisses me off to hear this, especially having shot with many of these guys at last years NASC and a few trips to Gastonia.

From the guys who I had the please of meeting I could never see this happening and I truly hope it wasn't any of them.

I will be honest, there is a part of me that would like to know who was responsible. Being that this community is small chances are that I will cross paths with these tools in the future.. and I enjoy knowing who isnt on the right side of the road. Just for the sake of knowing, the last thing I want is to cloud the air around a match.

I do have to ask, Were any of these situations brought to the staffs attention? Was anything done? Sounds to me like grounds for immediate DQ.

well first off, i want to thank everyone who strived to put on this match. it is their hard work and dedication that makes it possible for us to travel abroad, meet new brothers and sisters, and have a generally great time. this is only my thrird year shooting this comp, but i have found a fondness in my heart for this event. thankfully, i have been able to partner up with exceptional guys these last three years. now, dont get me wrong, there are things i would change. first and foremost, we need to put more rounds downrange. less downtime, and i also suggest not even posting the days scoring or ranking. keep people on their toes. now, the tampering, with "those" guys, thats just fucking wrong. i truly believe it is not one of the " regular " teams that did this. I believe it was some " ASSHATS " that dont understand what diginity is all about. its not about being the winner. to me its all about the comradre.
thanks goes out to my partner "bermshooter" for the enjoyment of last week. thanks bro, take care of the soon to be newborn. i want pics.

and to the baffoons that jacked with peoples shit.......... may many thousand crabs make residence on your boys for many years to come.

I just completed and mailed my AAR. I still haven't found free time to go over the events and such. Being out of the office a week made coming back ROUGH.

Again, I had a great time. I consider this match my annual pilgrimage, and will continue to attend as long as I feel I can be competitive. So many great guys in one place makes it hard to not have a good time and learn some stuff.

Hats off again to some of the great guys (too many to name) that promoted the event and scrounged all the sponsors and vendors up. I felt sorry for some of the RO's on the AR/Handgun stage. I personally believe they earned a free pass on their next PT day. I got tired of watching them run and change targets!

Sniper307......I'm still laughing. Got something in the works for you. Stand by, I think you will like. You still mulling the point, and mint?