• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

North American Sniper Summit 2009

Re: North American Sniper Summit 2009

I wasn't even invited.
frown.gif

I guess I'm not considered a world-leader of sniping.
shocked.gif

Seriously, though, what's a sniper summit and why does it matter?

...and range exercises, maybe?

It doesn't look too bad for only two hundred bucks, but in my experience the quality of the guest speakers and the knowedge/experience of the organizer will make or break these kinds of events.

Since he hasn't replied to his own thread, can anyone else evaluate the seminars or describe the range exercises and their benefit to the participants?

Graham

I believe Ed Gross is Vice President of the ASA, his Resume' looks pretty solid me. I would suspect this event might be similar to the Sniper Craft conferences - "Sniper Week" held on the west & east coast that Derrick Bartlett typically hosts. A LOT of good information - insight and resources are gained from these conferences related, or that effects active snipers.

Aug ><>

This years conference, as past, was highly informative. Topics of discussion presented by guest speakers included:
* Implimenting a large caliber (338/408/50) rifle program - Law Enforcement specific.
* LE/Military sniper specific deadly force application/rules of engagement as required by the US Supreme Courts ruling in Tenn. v. Garner. Review and analysis of Force Science Research study on use of deadly force by LE - the "who-what-where-when-why"
* Steve Rodriguez debriefed his deadly force encounters and shared lessons learned. Liability and training discussions.

Days 2 and 3 were "Live fire range exercises" - right. The format is competition based and "exercises" are derived from actual LE sniper engagements. Although I have never attended, I also have heard that the range format is similar to that at "Sniper Craft". Awards given to top finishers in team and individual events. (Rifles, scopes, cans, stocks, knives, training certificates, ammo, reloading supplies . . . . . . )

This was my 4th year attending - I've always learned something of value. Ed Gross is ALL about spreading/sharing solid, no BS information to the LE/Military sniper community. Material presented is timely and relevant to those in the field.

Looking forward to his "cold wether school" in February and returning to the "Summit" next year.