• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Northern Utah PCPR 6/26

snaglytooth

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 16, 2009
Francis, UT
I feel like our First match last month was a success so lets try it again!

Match will be June 26th
It will start 8:30AM and hopefully finish no later than 2:00PM
60 round max, most stages will be timed(just to keep things moving along) I will have three paper stages, and the rest will be steel with ranges from 100 to 700 yards. Most will be shot prone

30Cal MAX for the safety of my steel.

It is private property so ALL guests must sign a liability release.

Since Target upkeep and upgrade never end! A $20 donation to the range gets you on the firing line for the match.

Right now my shooting space is limited to around 20 shooters so if you know you want to shoot post in this thread, or PM me and let me know.

MAP.png

Re: Northern Utah PCPR 6/26

Shooter list

1. Snaglytooth
2. Steeldinger
3. 308er
4. GSSP
5. Mildotz
6. BlackWhiskey
7. Stickboy
8. brando.john
9. Robert Aiken
10. Muleytime
11. Coldboremiracle
12. Chubbles.
13. Wicked_Chicken
14. Greg H.
15. Chad F.
16. Spindrift
17. Jeepone
18. FUDwacked
19. Coyotemasters
20. Jerry R.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do you have plans for a July match? </div></div>
Not sure about July It is such a busy month. If we do one it will be July 17th.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: utahstroke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shooting one gun for entire match? </div></div>
Yea just for saftey lets keep it a (1) gun match. Thanks DAD!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MuleyTime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">11. MuleyTime - should be there.

Goin' to see if the .20 caliber can play this game
grin.gif
</div></div>

Jeff, there was a guy last month shooting a pretty wicked fast 20 cal. It looked like it worked really well for him! I was amazed at how well you could watch the bullet all the way to its target! very cool.

Hey snaglytooth,
Im going to have to withdraw from this months match. I just found out my job is taking me out of state for the week. I'll have to catch you gent's next month. "Hopefully we have a match next month" Have a great shoot.

Rondog.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rondog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey snaglytooth,
Im going to have to withdraw from this months match. I just found out my job is taking me out of state for the week. I'll have to catch you gent's next month. "Hopefully we have a match next month" Have a great shoot.

Rondog. </div></div>

Thanks for the heads up. We will likely have one July 17th.
Sorry, but I am bad with names are you the guy that was shooting the 6X47 Lapua in Price?

I don't know if this video link will work?
Just wanted to share an update on the Mover!! Its coming along nicely. Just need to fine tune some switches, install the track at the range and figure out what targets we want to mount to it. We are really excited about it and have our fingers crossed that it lasts at least one stage. Automatically go to last place if you kill it!!!

<span style="font-style: italic">Thanks for the heads up. We will likely have one July 17th.
Sorry, but I am bad with names are you the guy that was shooting the 6X47 Lapua in Price? </span>

Ya that was me. I didn't know you were there. Who were you?

Put me on your shooters list for next month will ya?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rondog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-style: italic">Thanks for the heads up. We will likely have one July 17th.
Sorry, but I am bad with names are you the guy that was shooting the 6X47 Lapua in Price? </span>

Ya that was me. I didn't know you were there. Who were you?

Put me on your shooters list for next month will ya?</div></div>

I was shooting the AR10 260?? best I can explain my self.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OH yeah!! I'll knock the shit out of that mover! It'll be wheels up in one mag!!</div></div>

OK you are going to get a 223 caliber restriction!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snaglytooth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OH yeah!! I'll knock the shit out of that mover! It'll be wheels up in one mag!!</div></div>

OK you are going to get a 223 caliber restriction!!!! </div></div>

If only I could get my .223 up and shooting by then
mad.gif

Dont worry I've still got the old Magnum.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On the mover how will you protect the tires?

How will you deal with the terrain features?</div></div>

Chiller, the side viewed in the video clip was actually the back side of the mover the front is covered with AR500 and the tires are covered as well. I have some steel channel the mover will ride inside of. I am sure there will be some bugs to be worked out. I choose to use the tires incase we want this thing to climb the mountain side for some real tough shots!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its alright Cap, somethings women just dont understand, mine has the same problem. She got mad when I went Elk hunting two days after my first son was born, WTF? Its been on the calendar longer than the kid has! </div></div>

You deserved that hunt. Its hard on us guys gettin kids born, get our wives to the hospital, stand there and tell them they are doing good and yes they look pretty, getting mom and baby home, and worst of all putting up with our mother-in-law for a week.
Women, cant live with them and you sure as hell cant shoot them

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">figure out what targets we want to mount</div></div>

Hey Eric,

I've got a few pieces of steel you might want to hang on the mover.

Their both from LV Steel. Here is a pic.
622ydAckleyAR.jpg

The one on the left is a 20" x 27" silhouette and the one on the right is a 10" circle. Now, I don't have the 10" any longer as I made the mistake of leaving it up the canyon behind my house and an elk hunter made off with it. I do have a new 8" round. You would need to make a frame with a simple piece of rebar across the top to hang either target on. You can't keep them but you can borrow them to see if it will work for this weekend. Forget the chains as they are unneccessary.

Alan

I apologize for the late notice. I had something unexpected come up and won't be able to make it. Seems like life has yet again come between me and quality range time.
frown.gif

Damn you number 13!

Thanks again Eric to you and your family for putting this on. It was a great time. I like the narrowed time clock. It helps things move along and will take advantage of you if you are not on your game. Great course of fire. I sent an email to Vu to see if we can't have the new targets for next month.

Big thanks to your sponsor for providing the Ruger. I will be out today gettin' her broke it!

Can't wait for next month, weather permitting of course.

-c

Another fantastic shoot with an excellent pace and challenging stage designs. I can't wait to see what you have planned for the next one! Great Job!