• We're Extending The Deal: Get 30% Off Your Sub With Code HIDE30

We're only offering the deal for another 24 hours!

Subscribe

Nother harricane comin

Huh?…JFC…
Didn't mean to be rude- and granted my humor is one of the few things darker than my coffee and not understood by most but to my point...

This was posted here in this thread of the hurricane which is a preamble of destruction to come...

1727408070171.png

And anyone that's ever "owned" a cat, this is likely the last thing that they saw while they were "watching them" before they went bat shit crazy and started destroying everything that the "owner" held dear...

1727408252032.png

Again, my dark humor isn't for everyone but there's likely a good chunk of people here that are wired the same way and understand the connection I was making. Didn't mean to offend anyone here personally.

-LD

Woke up to this.
20240927_080204.jpg

The only cleanup we'll have to do is to rake the front yard and take the blower to the sidewalk and driveway. We're lucky.

A buddy that lives on the Manatee River sent these this morning.
First thing he said to me was "Dude, storm surge is real."

His neighbors boat house. Dock is completely covered.
IMG_3028.jpg

His boat seemingly floating in thin air.
IMG_3029.jpg

Both together.

IMG_3027.jpg

This was what he woke up to. He said the boat was bobbing up and down on his davit during the night.

IMG_3031.jpg

Reactions: mtrmn and lash
Mine too, way out in AZ.

You think they would at least mail me a gallon of water. Lord knows we could use it.
Too salty, would not be worth anything to you anyway.

@GreenGO Juan, we just left Valpariaso yesterday. Our son has to be in Texas today so he spent the night with us in North Louisiana last night. Checked out Element Tuesday. Seems ok but we really need a family membership. We all shoot at Altus and Emerald shooting in Valparaiso.

Lost our boat at Ft. Walton to Sally when we thought it would be safe. Otherwise I would probably be there still.

Last edited:
Winds here in the ne coast if fl were pretty rough during the night but nothing major.
Saw some videos this morning from steinhatchee
Seahag made it through pretty good. Water up on the second floor. Roys restaurant is gone, looking like the new marina next to roys collapsed down on itself as well.
My neighborhood lost power bout 11:30. Back on about 4:30 this morning
My inlaws about an hour ssw from me are out of power but no major damage in their area either.
They are about 60-70 miles from where it made landfall

About 4.2 million homes and businesses across the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic are now without power, according to PowerOutages.us. Here are the number of electric customer outages state-by-state as of 9 a.m. ET:

-South Carolina, 1,366,173

-Florida, 1,140,519

-Georgia, 1,078,445

-North Carolina, 614,120

-Virginia, 43,389

Cape San Blas and Port St. Joe got minimal storm surge, and the flooding was mostly from rain. No wind or water damage whatsoever, and the water did not even reach below the house. I'm guessing a storm surge of under 10'. Anyone heard anything about Apalachicola? The Pan Handle got spared this time being in the navigable semi-circle, and the worst winds were coming in from the East over land; unlike Michael where we were in the unnavigable semi-circle and got pummeled.

Too salty, would not be worth anything to you anyway.

@GreenGO Juan, we just left Valpariaso yesterday. Our son has to be in Texas today so he spent the night with us in North Louisiana last night. Checked out Element Tuesday. Seems ok but we really need a family membership. We all shoot at Altus and Emerald shooting in Valparaiso.

Lost our boat at Ft. Walton to Sally when we thought it would be safe. Otherwise I would probably be there still.
I have been out to Element and Emerald in VP but never made my way up to Altus but hear nothing but good things. Sorry to hear about the boat.