• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Now the government is threatening to arrest volunteers trying to rescue stranded hurricane victims.

This isn’t entirely accurate. One of the largest “population center” type areas impacted is Asheville and those suburbs. They don’t vote red. The rural areas probably don’t carry much vote in comparison.
Exactly. The conservative, christian, heterosexual population in the area can't outvote the sheer numbers in Ashevegas.
Far too lenient.
Agreed. Should have thrown his ass into the still raging runoff, full of debris and raw sewage. Let him die like the others here did.

Yeah it is. Fortunately we have a sheriff that has a brain.
Unfortunately that is at risk every few years.
And many are far less fortunate and have sheriffs that would jump at the chance to oppress residents.

Similar situation happened a few years ago here. I heard that some residents actually had rifles out. No doubt they would have used them if push came to shove.

How long before they have a few Ken McElroy events?

Reactions: HPIguy
Been biting my tongue for a couple of days. I spent 30 years working my summers on large scale campaign fires though out the western states. The Incident Command System (ICS) works and should be employed on all incidents no matter the scale. I have worked with type 3, type 2, type 1 and NIMO (national incident management organization) teams on local fires to some of the largest wildland complex fires in history.

FWIW, here is my take. The Incident Commander/IC (fire chief) should have welcomed the helicopter and pilot as a much needed and valuable resource. The helicopter pilot's efforts should then be coordinated with the operations section. If the ICS was in its infancy, the IC would coordinate the pilot's activities himself, then brief incoming members of the ICS face to face.

There is a possibility that the local fire chief was simply overwhelmed and not capable of handling the situation because of lack of training, lack of experience, or both. It sounds like he stepped on his wiener. In spite of what some people might believe, the vast majority of people who manage this type of incident really do care about helping people, and about getting stuff done in the most expedient fashion.

On a personal level, I was on a fire adjacent to the South Canyon Fire in 1994 as I watched the fire blow up and travel up the side of Storm King Mountain killing 14 fellow firefighters. I was working a large fire in Southern Colorado on June 20, 2013 when activities stopped at the incident command post to advise us of 19 fatalities at the Yarnell Hill Fire when the Granet Mountain Hotshots were burned over. I left the command post and went to the chow tent for some coffee where I visited for about an hour with one of the firefighters who discovered the bodies on Storm King.

My point is this, I can really relate to those of you who live near the hurricane area. I feel your pain and you have the right to be pissed off. Sure, you might want to take the fire chief behind the shed and beat him until his eyes swell shut. But please remember the vast majority of people who work incidents, at all levels, are doing the best they can in a dynamic environment with the resources they have available.

Most of that gets washed and ends back in Virginia suburb accounts of Rytheon,LM or xyz contractors and fills election coffers of the congress and senate

Lindsay Graham talking about Israel while being questioned about the catastrophe in his own state perfectly sums up how the U.S. government “cares” for its citizens.

Idiots keep reelecting his fagot ass

People have no clue as to how much contempt these politicians have for us.

They don't give a fuck that you are literally under water, all they care about is their foreign adventurism.

People have no clue as to how much contempt these politicians have for us.

They don't give a fuck that you are literally under water, all they care about is their foreign adventurism.
"People like you". Thats what a scumbag, big-tech mogul used to refer to me as.

Yeah, those people hated patriotic Americans long before we even knew about them.

Had no idea the woman was running Raeford NC. DZ ?
I assume it’s where her skydiving business is
Am familiar with, but had no idea the woman involved was running Raeford NC. DZ . . then Generosity is an fucking understatement if she using her turboprops, fuel, and time in giving help. Fuck the State Gov..

Had no idea the woman was running Raeford NC. DZ ?

Am familiar with, but had no idea the woman involved was running Raeford NC. DZ . . then Generosity is a fucking understatement if she using her turboprops, fuel, and time in giving help. Fuck the State Gov..
That lady doesn’t run Paraclete in Raeford, she runs Skydive Mountain City. They are several hours apart, but I’d be willing to bet they are working together in some form.

Reactions: akmike47
Been biting my tongue for a couple of days. I spent 30 years working my summers on large scale campaign fires though out the western states. The Incident Command System (ICS) works and should be employed on all incidents no matter the scale. I have worked with type 3, type 2, type 1 and NIMO (national incident management organization) teams on local fires to some of the largest wildland complex fires in history.

FWIW, here is my take. The Incident Commander/IC (fire chief) should have welcomed the helicopter and pilot as a much needed and valuable resource. The helicopter pilot's efforts should then be coordinated with the operations section. If the ICS was in its infancy, the IC would coordinate the pilot's activities himself, then brief incoming members of the ICS face to face.

There is a possibility that the local fire chief was simply overwhelmed and not capable of handling the situation because of lack of training, lack of experience, or both. It sounds like he stepped on his wiener. In spite of what some people might believe, the vast majority of people who manage this type of incident really do care about helping people, and about getting stuff done in the most expedient fashion.

On a personal level, I was on a fire adjacent to the South Canyon Fire in 1994 as I watched the fire blow up and travel up the side of Storm King Mountain killing 14 fellow firefighters. I was working a large fire in Southern Colorado on June 20, 2013 when activities stopped at the incident command post to advise us of 19 fatalities at the Yarnell Hill Fire when the Granet Mountain Hotshots were burned over. I left the command post and went to the chow tent for some coffee where I visited for about an hour with one of the firefighters who discovered the bodies on Storm King.

My point is this, I can really relate to those of you who live near the hurricane area. I feel your pain and you have the right to be pissed off. Sure, you might want to take the fire chief behind the shed and beat him until his eyes swell shut. But please remember the vast majority of people who work incidents, at all levels, are doing the best they can in a dynamic environment with the resources they have available.
Yes, the NIMS/ICS seems to have been discarded for this scenario. All lessons from Katrina lost. ..

- Signed,

former cop and current paramedic

Reactions: LuckyLuke80

No excuse, explanation or defense for LE interfering with civilians trying to render aid to fellow Americans. I believe it's LE who coined the phrase Ignorance is No Defense.

Anyone that tries to interfere, stop, handcuff and arrest those trying to rescue and aid hurricane victims, many injured and dying, needs to be beat, disarmed and handcuffed, using their own handcuffs.

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
No excuse, explanation or defense for LE interfering with civilians trying to render aid to fellow Americans. I believe it's LE who coined the phrase Ignorance is No Defense.

Anyone that tries to interfere, stop, handcuff and arrest those trying to rescue and aid hurricane victims, many injured and dying, needs to be beat, disarmed and handcuffed, using their own handcuffs.
Sequence of events is wrong…
Disarmed, handcuffed, THEN beaten.
😀

Reactions: TexPatriot