• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

OCW spreadsheet, Finished in Excel!

gmelahn

Private
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2009
Commie-Fornia
I have been steadily getting more and more involved in reloading over the past six months and have learned a lot of great information form this website.

In my research I have found two main ways to work up a load, Optimal Charge Weight(OCW) and Ladder. Since I don't have the required 300 yard distance readily available to preform the Ladder I opted for the OCW.

The OCW however required a little more calculations so I decided to make it easier for myself by formatting my own spreadsheet with all the calculations taken care of by the computer. All you have to enter is the max loads from the different sources for your bullet and powder and it does the rest.

I have incorporated the following:

- After entering max loads from your various sources the spreadsheet averages them out and rounds to the nearest whole number.

- All charge weights are rounded to the nearest .01

- first sighter is -10% then 2% increases. This is done incrementally throughout the sighter spread. 1% on work-up loads. As per OCW instructions.

- when a charge exceeds the average max load the box turns red.

Please review the spreadsheet, any critiques are appreciated.

I have them in Excel and Numbers. They are available to anyone who wants a copy. Its a lot quicker now.

Please see a picture of the spreadsheet below and let me know what you think.

Thanks, G-

Re: OCW spreadsheet, let me know what you think!!!

I was planning on putting it on various other forums but I thought I would start here first, and once I get some more feedback I'll transfer it to an excel format.

Thanks G-

Re: OCW spreadsheet, let me know what you think!!!

Done! pm me if you want it.

ocwpic.jpg