• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Re: Idea! Official DTA SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Th

Guys, I'm sure it's been discussed ad nauseum somewhere here - but I can't find the answer: it <span style="text-decoration: underline">is</span> OK to dry-fire DTA SRS (without the snap-caps), right?

Tnx!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fredo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will ask for you first thing Monday. Only cost lists I have are for bolt and barrel conversions. </div></div>

Any update on the replacement part?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fredo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Poison: The replacement bolts are $309.

Mouse: Yep.
</div></div>

So the entire bolt needs to be replaced?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fredo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Covert .338 LM 16" bbl Tests.
We will get some video up here soon, we have them up on our facebook page to view now.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Salt-Lake-City-UT/Desert-Tactical-Arms/124414064256011

DTA338LMCovert16inbbl-1.jpg

</div></div>Yeah, I'm going to have to get one of those. Done deal.

We are not posting Factory ammo results until we choose which we are going to suggest.

First Test group for Covert .338 LM 16" barrel with 250 grain Scenar handloads.
New Lapua Brass, Federal 215M primers 92.5 grains of VV N560 3.685 OAL.
Group.626 Sub 3/4 MOA (First 100 yard Group with first test barrel)
Load is over factory recomended, I have had no problems with it in DTA chambers.
338lm16grp250grScenar.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mute</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Question for all you DTA owners. Did you guys order your rifles direct from DTA or from one of their dealers? </div></div>

I think you will find that most were ordered from dealers.

That's how I ordered mine and if there is one in your area I would suggest that you support a local guy. If there is ever an issue your dealer should take care of you.

I have not read the thread in a while, but it sure has developed since it's beginning.

Fredo, can you shoot me a price on a SRS handguard? It looks like the covert guard is not going to work on a SRS but I am wanting to run the 16" 8 twist barrel for subsonic rounds and I'm thinking I can just turn down or cut the regular SRS handguard and make it do the same thing.

Thanks

There's something I'd like to see in the nextgen SRS - modular handguard so we can go long or Covert
wink.gif

If the SRS becomes modular and convertible to a Covert, I don't think they can make enough to keep them in stock. Those things will probably fly off the shelves as soon as they land. Modularity was my first thought when I first saw the Covert at SHOT.

Who's going to buy the covert if you can just switch the SRS to a covert? Think about it guys, if they did a conversion sure it would fly off the shelfs but who would buy a covert?

Exactly the reason I have a Covert AND a standard 22" barrel coming Friday. Currently, you can't do that the other way around (16" barrel on the standard chassis) without using a saw. Having said that, I think I would have chosen the Covert chassis/16" barrel setup and an extra (longer) barrel, regardless. Just my personal preference.

We locktight the handguards on all the guns and many of them are very difficult to remove without damaging the handguard, we don't want guys trying to take them off and damaging them because they didn't have proper tools to remove them, plus if we sold covert handguards then we wouldn't sell as many coverts, besides once you shoot a covert your gonna want it dedicated anyhow.

Picked up my Covert yesterday - it's a beatiful piece of work and I am pumped that I was able to get the monopod installed (which I understand is not a feature that will be offered too broadly).

To the poster asking where you might purchase a DTA, I would suggest checking in with Alan Handl at Top Notch tactical. He set me up nicely and is a high quality guy.

I've had my SRS now for a year and am very happy with it and the 338LM barrel that came with it. I also had Benchmark spin me a 6.5 Creedmoor that is just amazing. Now its time to get the can.....what are ya'll using and recommendations, please...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: streetbob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've had my SRS now for a year and am very happy with it and the 338LM barrel that came with it. I also had Benchmark spin me a 6.5 Creedmoor that is just amazing. Now its time to get the can.....what are ya'll using and recommendations, please... </div></div>

I got a shark a few months ago and love it. It is amazing how quiet a 338 can be and the people beside you will love you for having it over a muzzle brake. You should give him a ring since he is in Dallas also.

Hi guys,
I'm a little late to the party here, but have a second-hand SRS in .338 scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. If I like it as much as I expect to, I plan on ordering a 22" .308 conversion to go with it. Just a few questions:

- Are there any aftermarket triggers available for this system? I'm a 2-stage guy to the core and try to outfit all of my rifles with a good 2-stage trigger. I realize the challenges to this due to the bullpup design, but thought I'd ask anyways.

- Is the soft case from DTA worth $375? Not really any info or pics on the website that I can find. If it's a top-quality, bomb-proof, USA-made case that can hold the rifle, extra conversion, accessories and ammo I might bite, but if not, that's a LOT of money. Do any of you guys have pics of one, and know who is making them?

- Are the conversions typically in-stock?

Sorry if these questions have been covered, but I just don't have the time to slog through 27 pages of stuff.... Any info from users or DTA staff will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Erik

2 stage prototype trigger was made Friday due to a speciific request. So they will most likely be available at some point.

Page 13 of this thread has photo's of the soft cases, I am at the shop now if you want specific photo's PM me.

We have all barrel conversions in at the moment and try to keep them stocked.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fredo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2 stage prototype trigger was made Friday due to a speciific request. So they will most likely be available at some point.

Page 13 of this thread has photo's of the soft cases, I am at the shop now if you want specific photo's PM me.

We have all barrel conversions in at the moment and try to keep them stocked. </div></div>

Thanks Fredo - PM sent.

Marine Scout Snipers Sgt Jose R. Lucero & GySgt Roger D. Dickinson
placed 2nd out of 35 teams in the 10th Annual International Sniper Competition at Fort Benning, Ga.

It was our pleasure to award them with DT SRS .338 LM with 5 – 25x S&B scopes.
Congratulations gentlemen. Thank you for your service to our country

"You most certainly can use our photo as you wish. Best prizes I've ever won in my life."

68216_172177132813037_124414064256011_455845_718318_n.jpg

Dunno, trying to get her out here to do some Covert photo's. We will see if shes up to some shooting if it works out.

I had my new Covert out at the range for the first time today. What gives??? Nothing resembling that bikini-clad gift from the gods came with it...nor did I encounter anyone like her while shooting today. A clear case of false advertising (LOL)! Thank goodness she's a brunette...a not wearing a plate carrier!

Thanks, I've been in the Aussie bush all week, ridiculously far from the internets. So glad they offer a different reticle - looks cool.

If you ever make your way back here to S. CA from Aussie, you can look through mine. The lack of reticles I wanted was the only thing that had kept me from getting one after looking through one the first time. Not a problem anymore.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fredo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Marine Scout Snipers placed 2nd out of 35 teams in the 10th Annual International Sniper Competition at Fort Benning, Ga.

It was our pleasure to award them with DT SRS .338 LM with 5 – 25x S&B scopes.

Congratulations gentlemen. Thank you for your service to our country

</div></div>

now thats fucking cool