• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Re: Idea! Official DTA SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Th

I just got a DTS SRS, I was going everything on the gun and noticed when I change barrels following the procedure.

1. Remove buttpad and bolt (see page 15)
2. Using a 5mm allen wrench loosen
the four barrel locking screws (fig. 3a)
3. Using a 5mm allen wrench rotate the barrel lock counter clockwise 180˚ to unlock (fig. 3b)
4. Pull out barrel.

Then doing the barrel replacement

1.Insert barrel into the receiver, note the locating notch on the barrel extension
2. Fully seat the barrel against feed ramp.
3. Ensure the caliber of the bolt matches the caliber of the barrel (fig. 6)
4. Insert the bolt mechanism into the receiver (fig. 7), fully close the bolt engaging the locking lugs in the barrel extension; this establishes headspace.
5. Using a 5mm allen wrench tighten the four barrel locking screws to 68 inch / lbs of pressure
6. Using a 5mm allen wrench rotate the barrel lock clockwise 180˚ to lock.

I noticed that the lock will continue to rotate past the 180'.

I just wanted to make sure that is normal.
Also I was just curious what is the lock/unlock actually doing?

Thanks

Re: Idea! Official DTA SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Th

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mhines</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got a DTS SRS, I was going everything on the gun and noticed when I change barrels following the procedure.

1. Remove buttpad and bolt (see page 15)
2. Using a 5mm allen wrench loosen
the four barrel locking screws (fig. 3a)
3. Using a 5mm allen wrench rotate the barrel lock counter clockwise 180&#730; to unlock (fig. 3b)
4. Pull out barrel.

Then doing the barrel replacement

1.Insert barrel into the receiver, note the locating notch on the barrel extension
2. Fully seat the barrel against feed ramp.
3. Ensure the caliber of the bolt matches the caliber of the barrel (fig. 6)
4. Insert the bolt mechanism into the receiver (fig. 7), fully close the bolt engaging the locking lugs in the barrel extension; this establishes headspace.
5. Using a 5mm allen wrench tighten the four barrel locking screws to 68 inch / lbs of pressure
6. Using a 5mm allen wrench rotate the barrel lock clockwise 180&#730; to lock.

I noticed that the lock will continue to rotate past the 180'.

I just wanted to make sure that is normal.
Also I was just curious what is the lock/unlock actually doing?

Thanks </div></div>

Mine did the full 360 degree rotation.

If you look down the inside of the chassis without the barrel in there, you'll see a little plate on the bottom that adjusts up to loosely hold the barrel in while your tightening the actual barrel screws.

Re: Idea! Official DTA SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Who's that handsome devil in the video
grin.gif

I was just shooting in that same spot last weekend, Might have to run into you guys
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr90</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The bolt face on the 6.5x47 is the same as the 308 winchester. The bolt requires a bushing to reduce the firing pin hole diameter. If you already have an unbushed bolt then send it in to us and we will bush it for you so all you have to do is buy the barrel assembly to run the 6.5x47.

Thanks

Nick
</div></div>

Nick, how much does it cost to have this done, and how long?

From what I've read, they showed their production HTI (a pic was posted by sr90 a page or so back), their PSR candidate which looks to be an SRS with a slightly modified rear stock area, and introduced their drop-in Rem700 chassis system (SWORD).

I received my new Baby (DTA SRS in 300 Win Mag Cerakoted FDE)...
BTW, with it came a copy of an example target with 5-shots, however, it was shot in March 2011 and the serial number does not match mine. Is there a target that's supposed to come specific to the rifle/barrel?

I just got my covert the other day and it didn't come with a test target specific to my gun either, just a generic 338 test target. Not really a big deal to me.

Btw looks like you still need to dig the styrofoam out of your rear sling cups. haha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoBig</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW, with it came a copy of an example target with 5-shots, however, it was shot in March 2011 and the serial number does not match mine. Is there a target that's supposed to come specific to the rifle/barrel?
</div></div>

At these prices you'd think so ... but everyone I know has gotten that same copied sample target.

Mine arrived directly from DTA with a copper-fouled barrel. I wish they'd at least clean them if they aren't proofing them for accuracy before shipping.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Truckman11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey GoBig, Does it come with a cerakoted barrel or did you have that done</div></div>
I had it done.

Does anyone else have problems single-loading rounds? Especially in 308?

I didn't know what to search, so if this has been discussed before feel free to point me in the right direction...

In 308 when I single load bullets I have to 'throw' them up into the throat of the barrel/chamber. If I simply set it in the gun on top of the mag then when I slide the bolt forward it locks up. The round doesn't slide up into the barrel--so the bolt jams against the back of the round, and the front of the round jams against what I assume is the back end of the barrel.

I've tried 178 A-max in winchester brass, and 168 Federal gold medal match. Both have the same issue.

When feeding from the magazine the problem is generally eliminated.

It's not a huge deal, but has anyone else had this happen to them? And if so, is there a fix out there?

Parker

BOLT ASSEMBLY/DISASSEMBLY QUESTION:

Are there any YouTube videos of DTA bolt assembly and disassembly?

I got it apart and am having a "challenge" getting it back together. I did look at the manual and it was some help....

Thanks for any suggestions.

-Mike

I thought I would share a video of myself shooting my Desert Tactical Arms (Stealth Recon Scout) at 1760 yards confirmed with my Bushnell range finding binoculars.

I am using the 300 SMK and 90 grains of Retumbo powder if anyone is curious. It was 30 degrees, 82% humidity, my barometer was reading 29.51, the wind was blowing from my 7 o'clock at 8 to 12 mph, and my elevation is right around 1500 feet. It required 70 minutes of angle.

You can only hear the impact on the first shot(turn up your volume), then the wind picks up and you can't here the other impacts. If you watch the target closely you can see it sway after each shot to confirm hits. I really want a new HD video camera.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/drZMw6DU_sY&context=C3304e24ADOEgsToPDskLPREGh6e_YFW84W_wGb2sM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/drZMw6DU_sY&context=C3304e24ADOEgsToPDskLPREGh6e_YFW84W_wGb2sM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I also took a few pictures. I manged to hit the target 9 out of 20 times. It took me 5 shots to get on target, and while trying to get on target, one of my misses actually hit my 6" spinner target.

009-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

015-1.jpg

The last picture is from my taget to our machine shed, where my shooting plaform is attached.

010-3.jpg

You have to make sure that the detent pin on the end cap is lined up with the half slot on the sleeve,the striker needs to be in the up position, push the end cap pin in, while pushing down on the end cap until it snaps,then rotate the bolt and the pin will drop into the full slot on the bolt sleeve, if you cant get it PM me and ill give you call and walk you through it, I havent looked at the manual either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: enfieldp17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have to make sure that the detent pin on the end cap is lined up with the half slot on the sleeve,the striker needs to be in the up position, push the end cap pin in, while pushing down on the end cap until it snaps,then rotate the bolt and the pin will drop into the full slot on the bolt sleeve, if you cant get it PM me and ill give you call and walk you through it, I havent looked at the manual either.</div></div>

Thanks!

I'll keep you in mind if I can't get it!!

Guys,
We debuted our Stock Chassis for a REM 700 SA. Expected to be in production by 1st QTR of next year. Has side folding stock, adjustable LOP and Adj Cheekpiece. Will have the option to install our monopod into the stock.

It's call the DT SWORD (sword because it's the longest thing we have made yet)

P1000292.jpg

Oh nice!! I really like how it folds to the right and protects the bolt handle! How much do you figure it might cost? Damn I wish I would have made it over to your booth!

does someone try the berger 30 cal 215 and 230 grs in a dta srs 300 wm,i'm currently buying component for the rifle i'm waiting for and want to try this bullets as i still have 220 smk .
sr 90,do you plan on sending DTA ammunition to your german dealer and which bullet do you use for this caliber?
thanks

SHOT was fun! Got to shoot with enfield17........that guy can shoot! Also meet some of the other DTA crew.

Sword looked amazing! Greatest part is the monopod in a traditional bolt action chassis. My friend Buddy32 calls DTA's monopod, the "cheater pod". As many great things as there is with the SRS, I think the monopod is the best part.

Nick, your SWORD looks great - but I still prefer SRS!
grin.gif

I second the question - any news on the softer SRS buttpad? My shoulder hurts!

@GoBig, "TAG" usually means somebody doesn't want (or doesn't know how) to subscribe to/track the thread, so to follow it he makes a post of his own. Another reason - to bring the thread back to the top in the forum list (similar to BTT = Back To Top).

<span style="font-style: italic">For those who don't know how to track threads efficiently - at the top of the thread page there are four buttons. Second from the left is <span style="text-decoration: underline">Topic Options</span>. Click on it and select <span style="text-decoration: underline">Add Topic to My Watched List</span>. From that point on you can get directly to this thread by going to <span style="text-decoration: underline">My Stuff</span> -> <span style="text-decoration: underline">Watch Lists</span>.

Hope it helps.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Unsichtbar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I had the first butt pad made by Tactical Textile for me, and worked with him to modify it, great guy to work with. I do not know if he still makes them please see link.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1597047&page=23</div></div>

Brian is still making them. He finished one for me recently and it turned out very nice. He included a clear dope card removable holder on the side which is really slick. Here is a link to mine on his site.

http://tacticaltextile.com/Tactical_Textile/SRS_butt_cheek_3_3.html

Here is his contact off the site and I'd highly recommend them.
Tactical Textile.com

Custom orders and sales
949-310-9621
[email protected]
25842 Avenida Cabrillo
San Juan Capistrano
California 92675

Just curious, i see many posts of 338s, few of 300WM.

Soon, i will have a 338 gen1 and will be in need of a 300WM.

Anybody looking for a pin indexed 338 kit, and in need ofoffloading a 300WM kit.

As of next Tuesday, i will be the proud owner ofa DTA SRS.

Here's an IOR Terminator mounted on a DTA SRS in 308.

Shows 2 things:
1. How absurdly large the terminator is
2. How absurdly compact the DTA is

The first photo is with a NF 5.5-22x56, second is with IOR Terminator.

And yes. Those are $15 made in China riser rails under a $3300 scope. I was sent the wrong ring size and when you figure that out at 7pm the night before you shoot you don't have a lot of places to go buy new 40mm rings/bases. So the POS riser rails will be replaced with a one piece ring/base unit soon.

large.jpg

large.jpg