Official M14/EBR Discussion Thread

Re: Official M14/EBR Discussion Thread

I have some really cool sticks and typically don't get emotionally attached to them but there's always been something about the M14...a visceral component that's missing in modern platforms that I couldn't begin describe. Hands down one of my favorite projects to date.

270-uso1.jpg

256-img-0015.jpg

Sub-moa accuracy is there but you'll definately work for it and it aint cheap.

M14/EBR Discussion Thread

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Sub-moa accuracy is there but you'll definately work for it and it aint cheap. </div></div>

Reliable, repeatable sub MOA accuracy is obtainable with a little work and no, it ain't cheap... most good stuff isn't.

Re: M14/EBR Discussion Thread

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Reliable, repeatable sub MOA accuracy is obtainable with a little work and no, it ain't cheap... most good stuff isn't.
</div></div>

Are you ever going to post some of these sub MOA groups you're seeing? How did you do at the Hide Cup?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRI</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Are you ever going to post some of these sub MOA groups you're seeing?

How did you do at the Hide Cup? </div></div>

Are you saying sub MOA groups are not possible?

From what I can tell, the last Hide Cup was in March... the rifle pictured wasn't completed until October.

Are you ever going to post some pictures of the M14 EBRs in your personal collection?

No, I'm saying pics of you personally walking the walk that you talk so incessantly about aren't possible. Nice try at twisting my words around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocJekyll</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh boy not again... </div></div>

Didn't take long.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRI</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> No, I'm saying pics of you personally walking the walk that you talk so incessantly about aren't possible. Nice try at twisting my words around. </div></div>

Stay in your lane newb and dont embarrass WY . H20 has forgotten more about the M14 weapons platform than you will ever know .

The platform is able to shoot sub moa , I have done it and its not much more than getting a GAP built .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocJekyll</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh boy not again... </div></div>

Didn't take long. </div></div> What did you expect? some people just dont learn. They go from web site to web site talking the same old shit pissing people off until they get banned.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toolmaker64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocJekyll</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh boy not again... </div></div>

Didn't take long. </div></div> What did you expect? some people just dont learn. They go from web site to web site talking the same old shit pissing people off until they get banned. </div></div>

I was more or less referring to the fact that this thread was established because people cant stay on topic, and instead relegate themselves to petty bickering.

Can we please stay on topic so that this thread doesn't devolve like the last one?

Ill tell you what. Ill post. This is a recent target I shot at 600 meters at my local range. Zero wind, and first shot was cold bore. This was with an M1A Scout with an EBR stock and Iron sights.
photo1u0.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toolmaker64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocJekyll</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh boy not again... </div></div>

Didn't take long. </div></div> What did you expect? some people just dont learn. They go from web site to web site talking the same old shit pissing people off until they get banned. </div></div>

they certainly do.. H20Man has been banned at least 3 forums I know of. He's been temp banned here too. What I would like to see are HIS sub MOA groups and I absolutely cannot wait for him to show up at the Cup.

Didn't take long. </div></div> What did you expect? some people just dont learn.
They go from web site to web site talking the same old shit pissing people off until they get banned. </div></div>

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">Looks like LRI is that Cyberstalking kind of person.</span>

This will be the last thing I will contribute... I hope people understand why I am reminding them of this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1.Exercise common sense and be considerate toward your fellow users. Diversity of opinion and intelligent civil discourse is encouraged; by the same token, Personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, insults to others, or arguments will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Any member who threatens anyone on the forum, via PM, instant messengers, or Email, will be subject to disciplinary actions, including but not limited to banishment from the site.

2. Do not post off-topic. Please keep your comments consistent with the subject and purpose of the conversation thread. Deliberate disruption -- such as consistent off-topic commentary -- will not be tolerated and may result in posts being removed. Failure to heed warnings may lead to banishment.</div></div>

Well that being said...
1269051060886.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIDGLOCK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRI</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> No, I'm saying pics of you personally walking the walk that you talk so incessantly about aren't possible. Nice try at twisting my words around. </div></div>

Stay in your lane newb and dont embarrass WY . H20 has forgotten more about the M14 weapons platform than you will ever know </div></div>

That's Rich,...
laugh.gif
,... Total B/S but still Rich
laugh.gif

Hay H2O,... you get that slot locked up Frank offered, yet?

I've been full circle with mine (Leupold VXIII, ACOG) and after an appleseed shoot I'm an "iron sights" guy. I need to get out more. This is how I had mine set up briefly till I saw another rifle I wanted & sold the ACOG. I kind of regret it, I told myself it was too heavy but it really wasn't. I'm looking into a JAE stock, everything I've read says it can wring the most accuracy out of the platform.

DSCN6706.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: superjc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been full circle with mine (Leupold VXIII, ACOG) and after an appleseed shoot I'm an "iron sights" guy. I need to get out more. This is how I had mine set up briefly till I saw another rifle I wanted & sold the ACOG. I kind of regret it, I told myself it was too heavy but it really wasn't. I'm looking into a JAE stock, everything I've read says it can wring the most accuracy out of the platform.

DSCN6706.jpg
</div></div>

What the hell is that on your rifle? A Lightsaber? ;P

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocJekyll</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This will be the last thing I will contribute... I hope people understand why I am reminding them of this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1.Exercise common sense and be considerate toward your fellow users. Diversity of opinion and intelligent civil discourse is encouraged; by the same token, Personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, insults to others, or arguments will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Any member who threatens anyone on the forum, via PM, instant messengers, or Email, will be subject to disciplinary actions, including but not limited to banishment from the site.

2. Do not post off-topic. Please keep your comments consistent with the subject and purpose of the conversation thread. Deliberate disruption -- such as consistent off-topic commentary -- will not be tolerated and may result in posts being removed. Failure to heed warnings may lead to banishment.</div></div>

Well that being said...
1269051060886.jpg

</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">+1</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocJekyll</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

What the hell is that on your rifle? A Lightsaber? ;P</div></div>

ACOG TA11E on an A.R.M.S quick release mount on an SEI ACOG mount.

A little "over-the-top" isn't it? That's why I went back to irons... that scope belongs on a flat-top AR.

I really like my SAGE just need to find the right scope. as for sub moa I had (was stolen) still is mine, super match pre ban that was a 0.5-0.75 shooter with my handloads,I hope she finds her way back home someday

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many EBRs do you own LRI?</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many EBRs do you own LRI?</div></div>

2. Now let's see those groups from YOUR rifles. Ante up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toolmaker64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocJekyll</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh boy not again... </div></div>

Didn't take long. </div></div> What did you expect? some people just dont learn.
They go from web site to web site talking the same old shit pissing people off until they get banned. </div></div>

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">Looks like LRI is that Cyberstalking kind of person.</span> </div></div> Actually i was refering to someone else, take a guess.

I'd be looking into an adjustable cheekpiece if I were you.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: superjc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been full circle with mine (Leupold VXIII, ACOG) and after an appleseed shoot I'm an "iron sights" guy. I need to get out more. This is how I had mine set up briefly till I saw another rifle I wanted & sold the ACOG. I kind of regret it, I told myself it was too heavy but it really wasn't. I'm looking into a JAE stock, everything I've read says it can wring the most accuracy out of the platform.

DSCN6706.jpg
</div></div>

H2O and our buddy from Rock Island, I have not forgotten you. As with most things in flux I found a different piece of hardware I like better and am waiting and waiting for them to show up. Should ship your EBR set ups next week

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">H2O and our buddy from Rock Island, I have not forgotten you.
As with most things in flux I found a different piece of hardware I like better and am waiting and waiting for them to show up.
Should ship your EBR set ups next week </div></div>

No worries, I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
Thank you for the update.

Here's mine:

LRBCrazyHorse008.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Gunsmith</span> - Ron Smith, Smith Enterprise, INC
<span style="font-weight: bold">Stock</span> - USGI fiberglass - cryo'd
<span style="font-weight: bold">Receiver</span> - LRB M14SA
<span style="font-weight: bold">Barrel</span> - SEI 22" med. heavy M80HT, 1:10 ROT
<span style="font-weight: bold">Bolt</span> - USGI TRW
<span style="font-weight: bold">Trigger Group </span>- USGI HR-N with SEI MAX-PAK trigger upgrade (#2087)
<span style="font-weight: bold">Op rod </span>- SEI; one-piece forging
<span style="font-weight: bold">Bipod</span> - SEI Lightweight QD MIL STD 1913 Bipod
<span style="font-weight: bold">Gas system </span>- SEI M80HT (cylinder, piston, plug)
<span style="font-weight: bold">Vortex FH </span>- SEI
<span style="font-weight: bold">Extended bolt stop </span>- SEI
<span style="font-weight: bold">Front sight </span>- M80HT Gas lock - hooded; USMC, .062" dia.
<span style="font-weight: bold">Rear sight </span>- SEI NM 4140 Bar Stock steel
<span style="font-weight: bold">Scope mount </span>- SEI 5", 4140 M80HT double heat treated, 60 HRC surface, MIL STD 1913 w/see through channel
<span style="font-weight: bold">Rings</span> - SEI Wire EDM Low, M80HT
<span style="font-weight: bold">Optic</span> - Night Force NXS 2.5-10x32, illum. ret.
<span style="font-weight: bold">Rail system </span>- SEI M14A5 MIL-R-1913 Picatinny Tri-Rail System
<span style="font-weight: bold">Sling</span> - SEI M1907 National Match Leather Sling with "Crazy Horse" logo
<span style="font-weight: bold">Cheek piece </span>- SEI Tactical strap-on w/several layers of pipe insul. foam build up

Keep in mind that I am relatively new to the M14 platform... as far as number of rounds and time behind the rifle.

I am still trying to figure out, and get my cheek weld solid, as well as my triggerpull/follow-through on this particular rifle/platform. Also, as you probably know, cheek weld height is an issue with scoped M14s , and I haven't settled on that yet. I don't feel like I have it all completely solid at this point. I need much more practice with it.

This rifle will easily out shoot me, but I am not a bench/group shooter. I use the bench to test rifle accuracy/optics, but I am not a bench rest shooter by any means. Not making excuses, just sayin' don't judge the rifle by the novice <span style="font-style: italic">indian</span> .

My last best group

groups001-1.jpg

4 shot group with flier

groups002-1.jpg

Another 4 shot group with flier (that cheek weld/follow through issue I mentioned)

LRBCrazyHorse013.jpg

Decent 3 shot group

LRBCrazyHorse012.jpg

5 shot group with said issues

groups003-1.jpg

Anyway, as you can see, I need way more practice with this rifle. I believe it shoots a lot better than I can get out of it as I don't think I can shoot much better than that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Q001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's mine:

LRBCrazyHorse008.jpg

</div></div>

Awesome SEI M14!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Q001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I am still trying to figure out, and get my cheek weld solid, as well as my triggerpull/follow-through on this particular rifle/platform. Also, as you probably know, cheek weld height is an issue with scoped M14s , and I haven't settled on that yet. I don't feel like I have it all completely solid at this point. I need much more practice with it.
</div></div>

I addressed the cheek weld/riser height optic issue by having Ron and Andy bolt my Crazy Horse
M21A5 into one of their new M14 EBR-RINM stocks.
The fully adjustable cheek riser on the SAGE/Magpul PRS2 is just what the M14 needed

Roger...

I have looked into those. Right now, <span style="font-style: italic">weight</span> is a priority, as is keeping as much of a <span style="font-style: italic">civilian</span> appearance as possible. With a 5 rnd. mag, the GI stock doesn't have the same "holy shit" stigma in public that the EBRs do.
wink.gif

Re: "holy shit"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Q001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Roger...

I have looked into those. Right now, <span style="font-style: italic">weight</span> is a priority, as is keeping as much of a <span style="font-style: italic">civilian</span> appearance as possible.

With a 5 rnd. mag, the GI stock doesn't have the same "holy shit" stigma in public that the EBRs do.
wink.gif
</div></div>

There is nothing wrong with keeping the M14 configured in a more traditional, low-profile,
<span style="font-style: italic">civilian</span> appearance I was just pointing out an alternative.

I have another M21A5 built by SEI with one of their standard weight 22" 4 groove 1:10 ROT
barrels that will end up configured alot like your Crazy Horse.

UniqueM8018.jpg

How do you like your over-sized mag release?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Q001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Roger...

I have looked into those. Right now, <span style="font-style: italic">weight</span> is a priority, as is keeping as much of a <span style="font-style: italic">civilian</span> appearance as possible.

With a 5 rnd. mag, the GI stock doesn't have the same "holy shit" stigma in public that the EBRs do.
wink.gif
</div></div>

There is nothing wrong with keeping the M14 configured in a more traditional, low-profile,
<span style="font-style: italic">civilian</span> appearance I was just pointing out an alternative.

I have another M21A5 built by SEI with one of their standard weight 22" 4 groove 1:10 ROT
barrels that will end up configured alot like your Crazy Horse.

UniqueM8018.jpg

How do you like your over-sized mag release?

I know the guy that designed that mag release...........Me.

. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Q001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Anyway, as you can see, I need way more practice with this rifle.
</div></div>

I have the same cheekweld/follow through problems when I shoot my 308AR. I found setting up and dry firing several times before I fire for groups helps a bit.

Also, some bullets like the 175SMK seemed to have oddball fliers at 100 but were tight at 300. No idea why though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Q001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love the mag release and haven't run into any issues with it. It's pretty slick...

Nice work! </div></div> Thanks, I came up with the idea about four years ago.They were a little different than the current production model. I made some for myself and a few friends, and everyone that tried it out wanted one. So i started making them in my spare time at work on a manual milling machine, it got to be too much. So i contacted Sadlak Ind. about making them for me. Mike Sadlak made some suggestions on how to improve it so i made some prototypes, a little more tweaking here and there and we came up with the final design. It makes a big difference in mag changes, especially if your wearing gloves. Everyone that has one seems to love it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toolmaker64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Q001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love the mag release and haven't run into any issues with it. It's pretty slick...

Nice work! </div></div> Thanks, I came up with the idea about four years ago.They were a little different than the current production model. I made some for myself and a few friends, and everyone that tried it out wanted one. So i started making them in my spare time at work on a manual milling machine, it got to be too much. So i contacted Sadlak Ind. about making them for me. Mike Sadlak made some suggestions on how to improve it so i made some prototypes, a little more tweaking here and there and we came up with the final design. It makes a big difference in mag changes, especially if your wearing gloves. Everyone that has one seems to love it. </div></div>

I need to try one and see if I like it.

Not cyberstalking, just sick and damned tired of the world's biggest fanboy continuously bragging and talking shit and he can't even produce groups of his own. I've lost count of the times I've seen you talk shit about KAC and watched KevinB politely restrain himself. I've seen you host pictures for SEI, I've seen you host pictures of Ron Smith working with the Army, and as the owner of this site pointed out; having pictures from the SEI factory is a hint. You don't have the balls to post your own groups; you've never deployed, and all you do is fellate SEI at one forum after another until you get kicked off. I'd be happy to provide links to your public humiliations and bannings. You know a ton of shit about addons from SEI and how to install them but apparently not fuckall about how to shoot. I'll bet money you've already weaseled out of your invite to the Hide Cup too.

<span style="font-weight: bold">LRI is an angry cyberstalking troll</span> that can't wait to derail any thread that has M14/M1A in the subject line.

Let's do our best to ignore his antics and stay on topic.

Oh fuck off and go shoot some of those sub MOA groups and post'em up here, you cry baby. 10 shot groups. 100 yards or more. Ante the fuck up.

In the meantime, for those of you at LightFighter, take a look at this. The comments where H20Man ("Rex Kramer" at LF) argued with Army snipers were hilarious. He got banned at M4Carbine and where else, WarriorTalk, a few other places.

Re:Official M14/EBR Discussion Thread

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRI</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many forums have you been banned from, H20Man?</div></div>

I can name one you will be banned from if you don't cut the shit.

End it now, everyone.

Re:Official M14/EBR Discussion Thread

I think SEI does great work, IME. They are one of the top names in M14 these days, and where I will spend my M14 $$. My shit works... although not the <span style="font-style: italic">best</span> groups, they are <span style="font-style: italic">real</span>.

Sounds like someone needs their diapy changed. What's so hard about keeping the thread objective... no matter the make/gunsmith?

Why not look into a Desert Warrior cheek riser? More adjustable at the least. Biggest drawback is that you have to drill two holes in the stock. Pretty quick to drop down for shooting iron sights though. I haven't heard any complaints from those using them.

I have the Sadlak mag release and like it a lot. Worth the $40 in my opinion.

Q001,

Call Andy at SEI and ask him about their new cheek riser pad. It blows the old style (the one you have now) away and actually has a hardened riser that works great for scoped GI stocks. Also, it comes in other colors (olive, coyote, and Multi-Cam).