• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Oklahoma Joe’s Judge Charcoal Grill - Anybody have one?

Srgt. Hulka

Lighten Up Francis
Minuteman
  • Oct 8, 2014
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    I ordered an Oklahoma Joes Judge charcoal grill on Amazon Prime Day. I couldn’t resist, I saved $175 on it.
    Does anybody have one? Can you tell me about it? The good, the bad and the ugly?
    It looks like a grill like they made when I was a kid, heavy duty, cast iron grates, adjustable charcoal tray. Only thing missing is a rotisserie.
    Thanks.

Stock photos:
    IMG_5005.jpeg
    IMG_5006.jpeg
    IMG_5007.jpeg

I have one a little bigger. Mine has a gas grill on the right half. The left half is a grill/smoker combo. I know it's different than yours, but I really like it. After two years, the finish is holding up great. The thermometers are working great. Grilled some filets on it today. They came out so good, I did another set for dinner. No shit. I don't use this grill as much as I should, but every time I use it, I am very satisfied with it. I would buy it again. Hope that helps.

• Love
    Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
    That looks nice.

Mine is Char Griller Pro ( I replaced a few years ago with the same thing.)

This is how I make the magic with my smoked brisket (after the photo.)
    1721607697697.jpeg

These days, I smoke only a 10 pounder for about 4 or 5 hours. So, the day before, I rub the brisket with Spice Hunter no salt Cowboy BBQ Rub and let it sit overnight and the rest of the day in the fridge.

Next evening, I start fire with charcoal briquettes in the main chamber with a chimney firestarter and newspaper. Once lit, I transfer the coals to the side fire box. Put the meat on the cast iron grates. An aluminum pan (small) with water for moisture in the main chamber. And I put on chunks of mesquite cooking wood. I let the last hour or so go with no more wood.

Serve with a side of any barbecue sauce you make or buy. Or not at all. As I have said, this will tempt the faith of a vegan. (And yes, I once offended a vegan with that statement.)

So, good luck with yours, I expect great things.

So, are you in Oklahoma? Doesn't matter. I may still need to visit when you have dinner ready.

• Love
    That looks nice.

Mine is Char Griller Pro ( I replaced a few years ago with the same thing.)

This is how I make the magic with my smoked brisket (after the photo.)
    View attachment 8463773

These days, I smoke only a 10 pounder for about 4 or 5 hours. So, the day before, I rub the brisket with Spice Hunter no salt Cowboy BBQ Rub and let it sit overnight and the rest of the day in the fridge.

Next evening, I start fire with charcoal briquettes in the main chamber with a chimney firestarter and newspaper. Once lit, I transfer the coals to the side fire box. Put the meat on the cast iron grates. An aluminum pan (small) with water for moisture in the main chamber. And I put on chunks of mesquite cooking wood. I let the last hour or so go with no more wood.

Serve with a side of any barbecue sauce you make or buy. Or not at all. As I have said, this will tempt the faith of a vegan. (And yes, I once offended a vegan with that statement.)

So, good luck with yours, I expect great things.

So, are you in Oklahoma? Doesn't matter. I may still need to visit when you have dinner ready.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Not in Oklahoma, but right down the road in Louisiana. Keep your ears open, and you’ll hear the dinner bell. 😄

Reactions: Ronws
    I have the pellet smoker model of his and it is great,best ribs and turkey i ever smoked. A little harder to grill on due to setup as a smoker but still works. The temperature controls are fantastic and start up is simple.