• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Old AICS AW folder skins on new AICS chassis

Sergius

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2018
I'm looking to purchase one of the old AICS 2.0 long action stocks for a custom all-out precision rifle build. If i were to find some old skins instead, would they fit on the newer chassis'? Been having a lot of trouble finding the old chassis recently.

You mean the thumbhole? MHSA and EO sells those for about $70.

If you are going all out AND using an AI chassis, why not just get a new or used AIAT?

Yeah, the thumbhole. However the thumbhole I'm looking for is the older one, not the Viperskins version where it's swept back behind the thumbhole. I'm looking for the original AW style skins.

This is the style I'm looking for:

Attachments

• wm_2283202.jpg
    wm_2283202.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 919
Ok, I see the difference now, my appologies.

If I were you, I’d post a WTB ad on the accessories PX and call Jason at EO or MHSA and see if they have any old kits they could sale to you. Heck call up Sporting Services from England, they are the largest AI distributor on Earth. If you cant find one from those sources, you might be out of luck, but I’d have to imagine one of them would have it or could get it for you.

On each side of the skin there is plastic protruding that is supposed to connects in front of the magwell. Just had to cut it off since there is no cutout for that in the new AT frame. The hole for the trigger needs to have a little bit of the plastic removed. Also had to remove the front sling mount, though I suppose you could make a cut out for that as well. Finally if you want to access the barrel change screw a cutout must be made for that too. Very easy to do.

AICS extra plastic.jpg

Last edited:
On each side of the skin there is plastic protruding that is supposed to connects in front of the magwell. Just had to cut it off since there is no cutout for that in the new AT frame. The hole for the trigger needs to have a little bit of the plastic removed. Also had to remove the front sling mount, though I suppose you could make a cut out for that as well. Finally if you want to access the barrel change screw a cutout must be made for that too. Very easy to do.

View attachment 6936395

Seems simple but I'd prefer to keep it uncut... so I guess I should just resume searching for the original AICS then. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.