One Year Later: 1st Anniv www.elr-resources.com

ELR researcher

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2011
www.elr-resources.com
I came on this forum on May 1, 201 1 to announce the launch of “a non-commercial, extreme long range (ELR) information site”, www.elr-resources.com. “It provides links to products, services, and information for ELR shooters and anybody interested, as I am, in this area…”

Below is a brief recap of what it was on day one vs what it is today, 7500+ home page hits later.

Sections: Then: 13; now: 15 (added “Training” and “News”)

Companies with model-name rifles and/or explicit builds in ELR cartridges i.e., ones listed on the Cartridges page): Then: 50 (estm); now: 107

Rifle component subsections: Then: 8; now: 9 (added “DBMs and Mags”)
Companies with ELR-capable/focuses rifle components: Then: 60 (estm); now: 158 including:

Action/receivers: 22 [plus three comparative matrixes based on bolt face – 338 LM, 408 CT, and 50 BMG – 50 actions in all]
Barrels: 18
DBMs and Mags: 13
Misc: 6
Muzzle Brakes: 21
Scope Bases and Rings: 15
Scopes: 19 [no cheap, junk-class brands]
Stocks and Bipods: 36
Triggers: 8

Companies with ELR-capable/focused ammunition components (not ammo): Then: 40 (estm); now: 61 including 21 brass and 24 bullets/projectiles [plus four comparative projectile matrixes based on caliber- 338, 375, 408-458, and 510]

Companies with reloading equipment items for ELR cartridges: Then: 50 (estm); now: 75

Companies providing miscellaneous products generally focused on ELR type rifles/shooting: Then: 20 (estm); now: 32

Gunsmiths building ELR-capable rifles (some overlap to Rifles, included if they offer general gunsmithing services beyond rifle builds): Then: 18-20 (estm); now: 38

Ranges (out to at least 1000 yard): Then: 18-20 (estm); now: 3 [including info on whether 50 BMG rifles are allowed]

Retailer/e-tailers (general, broad-line companies with multiple products applicable to ELR shooting): Then: 20-25 (estm); now: 37

Training: Then: 0; now: 33

Cartridges (with definite long range focus and at least the muzzle energy of a 338 LM, max factory load): Then: 20-25 (estm); now: 36 [plus 15 chamber reamer drawings from Pacific Tool and Gage]

Other info sites (associations and clubs, info sites and forums, legal, and pubs, articles and photos): Then: 30 (estm); now: 42

News: Then: 0; now: weekly site update info and new products info (e.g., SHOT Show recaps) since early June 2011.

Site functionality added – site-wide navigation links at the top of every page, site-wide search, color coded tags for major cartridge/caliber info in rifles, actions, DBMs and mags, and brass.

So… one year later and a LOT more info.

I update the site at least once a week and do site-wide link checks about once every six months – one will be done shortly. During the year I have received only 1-2 e-mails about bad links.

I’ve tried very hard to make this a solid resource for the ELR shooting community. Hope you’ve visited, checked it out at length, and found it worth bookmarking.

I continue to be open for leads on companies, products, services, and info resopurces I’ve missed. I received probably 10-12 inputs during the year.

PLEASE do let me know what you think of the site and pass the word if you feel it is worthwhile.

Thanks and God Bless!