• Frank's Lesson's Contest

We want to see your skills! Post a video between now and November 1st showing what you've learned from Frank's lessons and 3 people will be selected to win a free shirt. Good luck everyone!

Create a channel Learn more
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Hunting & Fishing Opinions on Beretta A391 Extrema

Graywolf.260

rocket surgeon
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2010
Refuge des cosmiques
I'm looking for a semi-auto waterfowl gun, and came across a 2010 A391 Extrema that is new, on clearance for 750. Reviews I've come across are generally good, but I'd welcome feedback from anyone familiar with this gun, opinions on whether it's a good price, or there are better options?

The 391 Series shotguns are great shotguns! Overall I prefer Beretta’s over Benelli’s because of “smoother” recoil. I’m old enough I shoot 390, bot new 20+yrs ago. Dinged up, scratched up, blueing wore but a damn good shotgun. Bot 2 of My turkey hunting Buddies 391 Extrema’s. Really good shotguns. My 390 is jus sintamental. I also shoot 391 20ga, 26” bbl when not hunting. Really enjoyable gun to shoot. I prefer Beretta’s over Benelli’s, but that does come down to a Dodge vs Chev deal. You wont go wrong w the 391!!

The 391 Series shotguns are great shotguns! Overall I prefer Beretta’s over Benelli’s because of “smoother” recoil. I’m old enough I shoot 390, bot new 20+yrs ago. Dinged up, scratched up, blueing wore but a damn good shotgun. Bot 2 of My turkey hunting Buddies 391 Extrema’s. Really good shotguns. My 390 is jus sintamental. I also shoot 391 20ga, 26” bbl when not hunting. Really enjoyable gun to shoot. I prefer Beretta’s over Benelli’s, but that does come down to a Dodge vs Chev deal. You wont go wrong w the 391!!

I too have a 390 that I love. Bought it new almost 20 years ago at Walmart.

Op you can’t go wrong with the 391.

I love Berettas but the 391 Xtrema had some issues with jamming and from what I understand Beretta has discontinued all parts and barrels for the Xtrema. There has to be a reason why you found a brand new one for $750. I personally would look on. JMO

I've owned 3 xtremas (still have 2). The original xtrema was fantastic, a little thick when holding it but function wise, it was as perfect as you could ask for shooting 7/8oz on up. I got on to the xtrema2 train which overall feel for me was a little better. It seemed to need a 'break in' whereas the original did not. After 100rds or so, it never really had any more hangups. I like it so much, I bought a backup xtrema 2 just in case someone's gun went down.

Reactions: Jsmith410
I'm looking for a semi-auto waterfowl gun, and came across a 2010 A391 Extrema that is new, on clearance for 750. Reviews I've come across are generally good, but I'd welcome feedback from anyone familiar with this gun, opinions on whether it's a good price, or there are better options?
Benelli all the way. Both of mine work 100% of the time, mud ,water, ice, heavy loads,light target loads. My SBE has thousands of rounds through it.