Over 4,000 round GAP groups!!

Re: Over 4,000 round GAP groups!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macman2564</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks alot guys!! </div></div>

Grab that rifle and come on out to our range day at RCSC! There is steel all the way from 200-1630 yards.

Its a great time. Check my posts in the members link up section.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macman2564</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks alot guys!! </div></div>

Grab that rifle and come on out to our range day at RCSC! There is steel all the way from 200-1630 yards.

laugh.gif
</div></div>
Will do! I wanted to come to the first one but was out of town for a bit. I will try to make as many of them as I can. I would really like to meet some of you guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macman2564</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macman2564</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks alot guys!! </div></div>

laugh.gif
</div></div>
Will do! I wanted to come to the first one but was out of town for a bit. I will try to make as many of them as I can. I would really like to meet some of you guys. </div></div>

It will be good times. Spread the good word! If you know people that want to attend, have them get in contact with me on here or email.

smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iShoot17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is some amazing shooting from a rifle with 4k+ rounds! Kudos on the rifle AND you're shooting skills

~iShoot </div></div>
Everyone gets lucky sometimes!

Very nice !
Besides your shooting skill do you think the method you use to clean the barrel kept it shooting this good this long?
I would be very interested in your cleaning method.

+1....I've got a Surgeon built .308 with 4000+ through it and it shoots just like that....bore scope shows very little erosion.

Everyone should have at least one good .308!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: justme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do you think the method you use to clean the barrel kept it shooting this good this long?
I would be very interested in your cleaning method. </div></div>
I didn't do a barrel break in and I rarely clean it. I figure I've used wipeout down the barrel and a nylon brush about 4 maybe 5 times. Then a couple of patches after that. Thats about it.

Amen! My 308 Savage (far cry from the GAP) has about 1500-2000 rounds through it (far cry from your GAP), and it shoots at least as well as it ever has. I attribute it to moderate ammo and lack of cleaning! LOL

I run a boresnake through it before/after each session, and use Foaming bore cleaner once every 400-500 rounds.

Gotta love a quality 308 rifle.